NIC

Post by bill bryan » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I just installed Redhat 6 on a Pent 100. The new Hard Drive setup Disk found
the zip and my monitor. But the Redhat installation (server) did not. What
do I need to do get it to see my Viewsonic 6FS, Zip Drive and network
card(Linksys 10/100)? Do I put a Zip Disk in and hook up to the network
during the RedHat installation?

Thanks Bill ...

1. NIC / network won't load: Compaq Netelligent 10/100 Embedded NIC, Eth0

Environment:
Macmillan Linux-Mandrake Deluxe Linux 6.5
Compaq Deskpro 6000 266/MMX 288MB SDRAM
Compaq Netelligent 10/100 embedded NIC

Problem:
Setup recognized the NIC, but when I boot Linux the network fails to initialize.  Side note: currently I'm not able to boot from SCSI disk, only floppy.  Anyway, what do I need to do to get my net connection up?  I'm using KDE and the Linuxconfig utility, but when I activate the changes I've made, the network still won't initialize.

The changes I made are: setting my default gateway, setting my DNS server addresses, setting up for DHCP, setting module type for NIC to "tlan" (which is what the documentation tells me to use).

What do I need to do to get my network connection up?  I'm obviously a Linux newbie, so please forgive my ignorance.  Thanks for any help!
Regards,

Scott

2. How to change directory into ^.^

3. NIC NIC

4. Scripting and line counting.

5. Crossover Cable Needed for Direct NIC 2 NIC?

6. Most ethernet card NOT supported by linux?

7. routing - 3comps - one dualport-nic & two "normal" nics

8. pioneer 6 disc caddy cd and linux

9. How to specify/detect an NIC when using two or more NIC

10. 4.2 nic aliasing, multiple IPs, one nic does not work???

11. unixware 7.1 doesn't have my NIC in the NIC list, how do I bypass

12. a couple of NICs that don't NIC

13. 10BASE-T NIC and 100mbps NIC to a dual-speed hub doesn't work?