Linking Linux to Aix via PPP???

Post by Wilson Massashiro Yonezaw » Wed, 02 Oct 1996 04:00:00

  Hello.

  Please, show me where I can find refs. about
  How to link Linux to Aix using PPP.

  I now how to link Linux to Linux, but Aix is a mystery
  I'm using Linux 1.2.1 and IBM Aix v. 4.  My  modems are
 US Robotics 28.800 sporster.

  I use the command write below to connect always the link goes down in
both line sides. (changing ATA by ATD). This works wonderfully when a
work with Linux in both sides. Now
a need to replace one side by  IBM Power PC running Aix. I' don't
what kind of command to use in Aix to reach the same system's behaviour.
I accept suggestions.

  /usr/lib/ppp/pppd connect '/usr/lib/ppp/chat -v -t 240 "" ATH0 OK ATZ
OK ATX3M1S7=240 OK ATD CONN
ECT ""' -detach /dev/cua0 38400 crtscts modem defaultroute proxyarp
200.18.246.34:200.18.246.109
debug

  Thanks in advance.

  Wilson.

1. Routing for a ppp client via another ppp link - possible?

Hello:

        I currently have my linux box networked using a ppp link to another
Linux box which is networked via an Ethernet card. I want to make 2 other
computers (one pc running Linux and one Mac using MacTCP+MacPPP) networked,
but I only have one phone line to spare. Is it possible in any way to make
my machine act as a ppp server, and then somehow route all traffic using my
ppp link? I know it sounds complicated, but this is how I have everything
setup now:

-       My machine (Enigma) uses a modem (/dev/cua1) and interface ppp0 to
        connect to the ppp server (Opossum) (/dev/cua1 <--> ppp0)

-       The Mac (Lilac) uses the serial line of Enigma (/dev/cua0) to
        establish the ppp link ppp1 (/dev/cua0 <--> ppp1)

-       Lilac can talk to Enigma (telnet/ftp) and I can ping Lilac from
        Enigma, but Lilac is invisible to the rest of the world.

        How would I go about seting up the routing table to that all traffic
to/from ppp1 is routed through ppp0. Do I have to use routed/gated? And if
so, I would like some help setting them up because I have never used them
before.

        Any help would be appreciated. Please send your replies to

        Regards

        Rajib Rashid
        University of Rochester

2. Korn Shell

3. Win95 Sharing via Linux PPP link?

4. Lookin for FAST imageview like ACDsee

5. low throughput via ppp link of linux routers

6. DHCP client-identifier rfc2132 and ISC implementation

7. Miniscribe SCSI needs blacklisting

8. PPP via serial link to Linux

9. Linking Linux boxes via serial link

10. Linking NT & AIX via serial ports

11. 2 lans, connected via PPP link... slow though

12. ppp connection via already established IP link ?