Looking for Wake-On-LAN 10/100Mbit NIC

Post by Andreas Hoffman » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm looking for a 10/100Mbit NIC which supports Wake-On-LAN under Linux.
The 3COMs seems to do it, but maybe there is a cheaper solution.

AFAIK the NIC has to be turned into a special standby-mode to listen for
Magic Packets. Is this done by the module when shuting down the system
or by a special tool ?

It would be nice if someone can tell me about his (working) Wake-On-LAN
system.

Thanks for your answers,

Andreas

Looking for Wake-On-LAN 10/100Mbit NIC

Post by Bit Twist » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Might look on http://www.linksys.com

Last $20 10/100Mbit NIC card I bought, had the option.

Cannot answer your other questions. Did not install the power control
cable.  Hard enough protecting my self from crackers as it is,
whithout letting them power up the system with a trojan.

On Mon, 07 Feb 2000 01:28:12 +0000, Andreas Hoffmann

--
The warrenty and liability expired as you read the message.
Practice safe computing. Backup the file before you change it.