E-mail client for Suse 8.2 and firewall

Post by Luca Libanor » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:45:14

Hi all!
There is anyone that know a program that works under Suse 8.2 and
could import the data (e-mail and index book) from Qualcomm Eudora
5.1? Cause I want to migrate definitely to Linux but I cannot found a
E-mail client that support import from my e-mail client under Win xp.
Just another question: does anyone know a great firewall (and possible
not to hard to configure) that works under suse 8.2?
Thank you very much to all!
Have a nice day,
Luca

Post by Doug Laidla » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:08:11

> Hi all!
> There is anyone that know a program that works under Suse 8.2 and
> could import the data (e-mail and index book) from Qualcomm Eudora
> 5.1? Cause I want to migrate definitely to Linux but I cannot found a
> E-mail client that support import from my e-mail client under Win xp.
> Just another question: does anyone know a great firewall (and possible
> not to hard to configure) that works under suse 8.2?
> Thank you very much to all!
> Have a nice day,
> Luca

What client do you want to use under Suse?  There is a program eudora2unix
which has 2 Python scripts for converting either to mbox format or maildir.
One has all the mailbox in one file, the orther has directories like
Eudora, but I can never remember which is which.  You should find the
program on sourceforge.net.  The archive is only 26KB.

HTH,

Doug.

--
Linux: in a world without fences, who needs Gates?

Post by David Efflan » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:34:56

> There is anyone that know a program that works under Suse 8.2 and
> could import the data (e-mail and index book) from Qualcomm Eudora
> 5.1? Cause I want to migrate definitely to Linux but I cannot found a
> E-mail client that support import from my e-mail client under Win xp.
> Just another question: does anyone know a great firewall (and possible
> not to hard to configure) that works under suse 8.2?
> Thank you very much to all!
> Have a nice day,
> Luca

I don't recall if Eudora stores mail in a normal Unix mbox like format (I
have Eudora Pro 4.2 at work, but cannot access it from here).  I know they
have import info, but searching there website does not show anything about
export.  You might take a look at the .mbx files and see what they look
like.

As far as fireall, simply read and follow instructions in
/etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2

E-mail client for Suse 8.2 and firewall

Post by Jos » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:34:57

Op Sun, 22 Jun 2003 03:34:56 +0000, deelde David Efflandt met ons het
volgende:

>> There is anyone that know a program that works under Suse 8.2 and
>> could import the data (e-mail and index book) from Qualcomm Eudora
>> 5.1? Cause I want to migrate definitely to Linux but I cannot found a
>> E-mail client that support import from my e-mail client under Win xp.
>> Just another question: does anyone know a great firewall (and possible
>> not to hard to configure) that works under suse 8.2?
>> Thank you very much to all!
>> Have a nice day,
>> Luca

> I don't recall if Eudora stores mail in a normal Unix mbox like format (I
> have Eudora Pro 4.2 at work, but cannot access it from here).  I know they
> have import info, but searching there website does not show anything about
> export.  You might take a look at the .mbx files and see what they look
> like.

> As far as fireall, simply read and follow instructions in
> /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2

Consider guarddog or firestarter. tried both of them and found them
extremely easy.

Jos
Replace dot with . and delete .nospam

1. Suse 8.2 and wireless pcmcia notebook networking

I recently purchased a no-name notebook computer (from
linuxcertified.com) on which I installed (via ftp download off the web)
Suse 8.2. I took my notebook on a business trip with me, and in the
hotel where I stayed, I could rent a  pcmcia card that allowed me to
connect to the internet through their wireless network. When I got home
I decided to go wireless there as well. I got myself a router (SMC
7004VWBR Barricade) which now interposes itself between my DSL modem and
my 2-computer (workstation + notebook) Linux home network. The wired
(LAN) part works, but unlike the easy experience at the hotel, I'm
having all manner of difficulty getting the wireless part to work. For a
COMPUSA pcmcia card (since returned), Suse 8.2 gave the blunt message:
hardware not supported. Then I tried an SMC card, no luck. Then I tried
a Linksys WPC11 v. 4 card (still have it). YAST recognizes the card and
lets me "configure" it, it gets "hotplugged" on boot-up, but the "link"
light refuses resolutely to come on. No connection. So I emailed the
hotel where I stayed to ask them what card it was that they rented me
that Suse recognized, hotplugged, and connected right away. They replied
saying it was a Compex iWaveport WL11A+ Enhance 11Mbps 802.11b wireless
pcmcia card. I've ordered it, and it should arrive on Monday or Tuesday
next week. If I'm lucky, that should be the end of what turned into a
saga, two days and counting. I didn't realize how lucky I was to stay at
a hotel which, purely by chance it would seem, happened to offer for
rent a wireless card that worked perfectly the first time with my Linux
notebook. If things could always be so easy!

Cheers!
Sidney

2. Fragmentation of Linux Community? Yeah, right!

3. Connection Sharing on SuSE 8.2

4. Help Serial Ports

5. Anyone made Xine to show all DVDs under SuSE 8.2?

6. Install 7.1 on machine with '98 & Win2K(newbie)

7. SuSE 8.2 and bt878 tv-card(AverTV Go Series)

8. LILO and LBA Drive problem

9. USB Wireless set up in Suse 8.2

10. SuSE 8.2 and Linpoch

11. Install fireware on Linux Suse 8.2

12. Scanner Epson perfection 1670 suse 8.2

13. no screensaver, suspend, after SuSE 8.2/KDE 3.1.1 upgrade