ipfwadm and socks

Post by Charles W. Powel » Thu, 03 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> First time installing a firewall ... those who have put up with my questions -- the end is coming near. No not really ;).
> So here's another basic question:
>         if I use ipfwadm, do i still need to use socks? If someone could answer this question as quickly as possible (by email?), it would help me out A LOT. I looked at the firewall howto and it doesn't have any info about ipfwadm. Thanks ;)

> Zaki Alam

No.  Easy enough?

Check out http://hwy401.com/achau/ipmasq/

--
Charles

Tired of WinDOZE? Get relief with Linux!

1. SOCKS with ipfwadm

Hi
I've managed to get Linux up and running as a firewall with a bunch of
Win95 pcs behind it running fine, but we have some applications on the
Win95 pc's that need SOCKS access to servers outside the firewall.
Does anyone out there know how to configure linux/firewall to allow for
this type of access?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Dave T

2. Changing controlling tty to cua0

3. ipfwadm and socks

4. msync() required?

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. copied hard drive not booting

7. Socks.conf with two socks servers?

8. Linux ppp server to novell and windows

9. Available: Perl-5+SOCKS, mirror.pl+PASV+SOCKS, more perl5 fixes.

10. difference between sock->sport and sock->num

11. Hummingbird socks to Ubuntu Socks

12. configuring 'Socks' / socks.conf ?

13. ANNOUNCE: ipfwadm-dotfile-0.25b: the ipfwadm Dotfile Generator module