I wanted to extract the Source IP address and Destination IP address from packets passing through bridge, Is IP address offset is fixed?

I wanted to extract the Source IP address and Destination IP address from packets passing through bridge, Is IP address offset is fixed?

Post by Sant » Thu, 17 Apr 2003 04:20:34

Guys:

I wanted to extract the Source IP address and Destination IP address
from packets passing through bridge, Is IP address offset is fixed for
all the Packets passing through Bridge?. I mean for ARP packet as well
as IP packet, the source and dest IP address offset is fixed or Is it
at different places?. Thanks in advance and appreciated.

1. WANTED: pingmac <IP ADDR> which returns <MAC ADDRESS of IP ADDRESS>

Hello!

I know this can be done by way of ping/arp at the solaris command line
or via a script, OR via system() calls.  Does anyone know of someone's
efforts to whip this up in an actual executable?  The goal of the
program is to work like this:

PINGMAC 137.204.192.19 (dilbert): MAC ADDRESS of dilbert is:
08:0e:10:02:12:1e

I know there are practical limitations like: MUST BE ON SAME SUBNET
and stuff like this.  BUT does anyone know of a pgm like this, or
might be able to point me somewhere that might?

Tx!

  -Scott

2. UNIX Interactive Tools 4.3.3 released

3. How to accept packets with destination and source equal to own ip address?

4. Text editors

5. 1000 IP packets with different SOURCE&DESTINATION addresses generator/simulator

6. Networking problem

7. Changing IP address on Solaris 9 with multiple virtual IP addresses

8. CD problem with 1.1.58

9. dynamic ip address - how to get to know my ip address?

10. IP Masquerading with IP Address and Mac Address Restrictions

11. HELP: Destination address from tcp/ip packet ?

12. Passing client IP address thru reverse mod_proxy

13. Host primary interface address as source address in IP header