Intranet newsserver

Post by Marc » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I want to setup an intranet newsserver with perhaps a few newsgroups
from
another newsserver but mainly local groups. I tried leafnode but want to
use
inn. Can anyone help me to setup something like this

Please reply by email too

(Using RH 6.1 (actually Mandrake) and inn 2.2.12)

Intranet newsserver

Post by Paul Blac » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Hello,

> I want to setup an intranet newsserver with perhaps a few newsgroups
> from
> another newsserver but mainly local groups. I tried leafnode but want to
> use
> inn. Can anyone help me to setup something like this

Not exactly sure what help you need. The "hard" file is newsfeeds, here's
mine. news.demon.co.uk is the server I "peer" with. oxsemi.* are the
local groups. I use newsx for uploading/downloading news, which
has been told not to download test messages (but will upload them).
ME\
        :::

news.demon.co.uk\
        :*,!oxsemi.*,!to,!test,!control,!control.cancel,!junk\
        :Tf,Wnm:

Let me know what else you need to know.

Quote:> Please reply by email too

No: public question, public answer.

Paul

1. Leafnode Newsserver in Intranet

hello
somebody told me to use Leafnode newsserver for my intranet now the
problem is in configuration i cannot creat my own newsgroup i only want
internal newsgroup server no connection form outside (internet) suggest me
how to do i am using linux 5.2 and it is working as dail up mail server
for my company

2. new 2.5 user, how to setup cde for 2 heads?

3. Apache as intranet webserver on a windows dominated intranet

4. XFree86 4.0 /X11R6.4

5. *** Intranet unaccessible to Intranet!!! ***

6. "cannot set groups"

7. Help! Setting up Newsserver, e-mail

8. help - file system crash all the time

9. setting up a newsserver

10. How to set up tin with newsserver that requires authorization

11. DISREGARD-Testing screwedup newsserver

12. kinux newsserver/gateway, etc

13. I want to know how to fool a newsserver...