Multiple Card Problem

Post by Luc Lalond » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Mine looks like this...does yours?

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.36-4
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hda3
        append="ether=11,0xef40,eth0 ether=10,0xe880,eth1"
        read-only

Multiple Card Problem

Post by Peter Hernber » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Pretty much like that. I don't think my boot parameters are the problem,
since both cards are detected by the kernel just fine.

This is what mine looks like, anyways:
image=/boot/linux-2.0.36
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hdb1
        append="ether=11,0,eth1"
        read-only

> Mine looks like this...does yours?

> image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.36-4
>         label=linux
>         root=/dev/hda3
>         append="ether=11,0xef40,eth0 ether=10,0xe880,eth1"
>         read-only

Multiple Card Problem

Post by Peter Hernber » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I am having a problem setting up multiple ethernet cards on my RH 5.2
sytem. I have two 3Com 3c509 cards, one which (eth0) needs to boot using
DHCP (for my Road Runner cable modem). The other one needs to have a
static IP address for our home network. Both cards function fine in
Win95, but I've run into a problem using them in Linux. If I only use
eth0 (by not using the append = "ether=0,0,eth1" command in lilo.conf),
then it works fine (I am able to boot using DHCP and connect to my cable
modem. But when I add the append line to my lilo.conf neither card
works. Both are detected by the kernel, but eth0 won't DHCP and eth1
won't work either. If anyone could help me figure this one out, I would
greatly appreciate it.

Peter Hernberg

1. Problem: multiple net cards + warm boot = one net card???

Hi.
    I am setting up slip or a form of it and am having problems with getting
linux to recognize the cards after a warm boot.
I have the following hardware:
  486DX33 16 meg ram
  no parallel
  one serial
  2 wd8003 8 bit cards
    card one :  I/O base 280  IRQ 7  RAM base de000
    card two :  I/O base 2c0  IRQ 5  RAM base ce000

they come up fine after a cold boot but only one card is recognized after a
warm boot.

I modified the code to auto detect multiple cards (/usr/src/linux/Space.c).
and to use the I/O addressed I needed.

Email would be best, but
beggars can't be choosers.

thanks, David Besancon

2. My summer project: XMLFS

3. Multiple monitors & Multiple cards

4. restricted web page access

5. help needed: multiple tuner cards and capture cards

6. Posix.1b PRIORITIZED_IO support issue

7. help this newbie: multiple tuner cards and capture cards setup, LINUX MULTIPLEXOR

8. back-up inter rogation ........

9. problems with multiple ethernet cards

10. Sun Solaris Multiple NIC card systems - Hardware IP duplicate problem

11. HELP,problem in configuring multiple ethernet cards.

12. Problem with Multiple Ethernet cards - no not the LILO settigs

13. Problem with Multiple network cards on the same subnet.