token ring, Adapter/II, what is it?

Post by Jiangeng S » Mon, 28 Oct 1996 03:00:00

I have a new tok card. when Linux boot up,
it initialize the card OK, but with shred RAM 0k.
When I try ping, I got xmit_error.

Any ideas?  I am running 2.0.20.

Post by Paul P. Nort » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

:
: I have a new tok card. when Linux boot up,
: it initialize the card OK, but with shred RAM 0k.
: When I try ping, I got xmit_error.
:
: Any ideas?  I am running 2.0.20.

0k shared ram? That's bad. What do the tr0 messages in
syslog look like?

--
Paul P. Norton

1. token ring token ring token ring

I would advice either going to a more recent kernel, or back to 1.2.x,
and applying the TR patch.  As far as I can tell, the built-in TR support
in 1.3 was broken early on, and not fixed until very recently.

I had no end of problems - normally showing as booting and init'ing the
TR card ok, could ping ok, but any more then that (such as telnet or ftp,
either into or out of the Linux machine) gave a kernel panic.

Compiled up 1.3.72 the other day and it's been running perfectly ever
since.  I'm using a Madge Straight Blue right now but have also used
some older IBM 4/16 cards.

Leonard

2. USR Sportster 128K ISDN

3. S: Driver for "IBM Token-Ring Network 16/4 Adapter II"

4. kde2 + suse 6.4

5. Token Ring PCI/II 16/4 Adapter: works on linux ?

6. slab error in 2.5.64-mm4

7. IBM Token Ring 16/4 adapter II driver (dma card)

8. Needed: printcap routines

9. TOKEN RING? (unfortunately *IBM* Token Ring)

10. IBM Token Ring II mit 16 Mbit !!!!!

11. PCMCIA Token Ring Problems II

12. IBM PCI Token-Ring adapter configuration

13. INETD dies with a Token Ring adapter