ADSL Router or ADSL Modem /Linux firewall

ADSL Router or ADSL Modem /Linux firewall

Post by Andy Chalkle » Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:20:36

I have to upgrade a 25 client 98/XP network to ADSL
(W2000 server, W98/vPop3 mailserver)
I have a choice of :-
D-Link DSL504 ADSL Modem/Router connected direct to the network or
D-Link DSL504 ADSL Modem/Router connected via a Linux Firewall box or
D-Link DSL300 ADSL Modem connected via a Linux Firewall box

Thanks
Andy Chalkley
Perth Australia

1. ADSL modem/router firewall

Previously on my dial-up connection I configured iptables (via guarddog)
to 'stealth' all ports. Now I have an ADSL connection, and regardless of
what changes I make to iptables, all ports are now visible (but closed).

I get the same problem in Win XP running ZoneAlarm, so I'm guessing the
problem is with the modem/router, not the PC.

Is it possible to configure the modem/router to stealth the ports? (I'm
using a Netcomm 1300+4 modem)

TIA

2. Porting MFC -> Linux/X

3. SnapGear firewall, ADSL router and backup ISDN router

4. Key scancode

5. Linux Box as Firewall or ADSL Router?

6. ftp anonymous / welcome.msg

7. Linux firewall connected to ADSL router help

8. mod_speling on apache, redhat

9. ADSL thourgh hardware router to a linux box router

10. setting up router/firewall for ADSL network

11. ADSL Router+firewall

12. setting adsl router to bridging... how to set freeBSD firewall?

13. RH6.2 Router/Firewall + ADSL