Fax delivery under sendmail?!

Post by Igor Chud » Mon, 19 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi folks,

Is there any way to deliver faxes by sendmail? There is UUCP or SMTP
delivery, so there might be the way to specify something like "fax gateway".
Is it possible?

If it is RTFM, tell me where to find TFM. :)

Thanks!
--

              http://www.galstar.com/~ichudov

Post by Steffen Ullri » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>Hi folks,

>Is there any way to deliver faxes by sendmail? There is UUCP or SMTP
>delivery, so there might be the way to specify something like "fax gateway".
>Is it possible?

why not simple include the fax into a text (MIME or uuencode..)
and deliver as e-mail?

--
                                        Steffen Ullrich

                    http://www.xensei.com/users/ccrlphr/

Post by James Fide » Tue, 04 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>>Hi folks,

>>Is there any way to deliver faxes by sendmail? There is UUCP or SMTP
>>delivery, so there might be the way to specify something like "fax gateway".
>>Is it possible?

>why not simple include the fax into a text (MIME or uuencode..)
>and deliver as e-mail?

What if the intended recipient doesn't have e-mail ? :-)

If you look at the standard sendmail source kit, I believe the
configuration files contain some bits to help set up e-mail to fax
gateways.

James.
--

                                     | http://www.OiT.co.uk/~james/
        - Lazarus Long               |              James Fidell

Post by Robert Nemk » Wed, 05 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: >>Is there any way to deliver faxes by sendmail? There is UUCP or SMTP
: >>delivery, so there might be the way to specify something like "fax gateway".
: >>Is it possible?
Yes, it's possible.
I saw some tips & tricks on it in either the efax0.7a or qfax source
or doc. Take a look at there.
Bob.

Post by Igor Chudov » Thu, 06 Jul 1995 04:00:00

* : >>Is there any way to deliver faxes by sendmail? There is UUCP or SMTP
* : >>delivery, so there might be the way to specify something like "fax gateway".
* : >>Is it possible?
* Yes, it's possible.
* I saw some tips & tricks on it in either the efax0.7a or qfax source
* or doc. Take a look at there.

Thanks folks, some kind soul already advised me to use flexfax. Thanks
to everyone who replied.
--
        - Igor. (My opinions only) http://www.galstar.com/~ichudov/index.html
   For public PGP key, finger me or send email with Subject "send pgp key"

This message is Copyright (C) 1995, Igor Chudov. Redistribution by Microsoft
Network, or any copying, quoting and other uses of this message by Microsoft
               Network customers is explicitly prohibited.

Post by Ian Goldbe » Thu, 06 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>>>Hi folks,

>>>Is there any way to deliver faxes by sendmail? There is UUCP or SMTP
>>>delivery, so there might be the way to specify something like "fax gateway".
>>>Is it possible?

>>why not simple include the fax into a text (MIME or uuencode..)
>>and deliver as e-mail?

>What if the intended recipient doesn't have e-mail ? :-)

>If you look at the standard sendmail source kit, I believe the
>configuration files contain some bits to help set up e-mail to fax
>gateways.

Look for the FAQ:_How_can_I_send_a_fax_from_the_Internet? file
at rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/usenet-by-group/comp.dcom.fax/ (I think it's
also in alt.internet.services).

tpc.int has nodes in many local calling areas; if your area is not
serviced, and you have a mostly free outgoing phone line, a net connection,
and a FAX modem, contact them!

In short, to send a fax to +1 510 555-1212 (not a real FAX number),
send mail to 2.1.2.1.5.5.5.0.1.5.1.tpc.int, formatted as indicated in
the above FAQ. (Note the phone number is backwards.)

It would be great if more territory were covered by these nodes.

   - Ian

1. AIX sendmail delivery problems

We have a number of RS6000 PS220s which mount /usr/spool/mail via NFS
from a central SUN machine.  Occasionally, when a mail message is addressed
to one of these, attempting to deliver the message to the mailbox says
"bellmail: cannot open mailbox - error 3" or some such.

Has anyone else seen this?  Can someone suggest what might be causing it?

-- Murray S. Kucherawy ----------------------------------------+--------------
Software Systems Co-op, Math Faculty Computing Facility [MFCF] | All spelling
University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada                        | errors caused

---------------------------------------------------------------+--------------

2. Dnews & alternative nntp_suck

3. local/remote delivery with sendmail

4. Reading & writing an ext2 partition from Windows

5. RH 4.1 & 4.2 sendmail local delivery fails

6. Detecting resolution

7. sendmail delivery agents

8. Linking static g++ libs

9. Sendmail (Expensive) Delivery.

10. Can Sendmail confirm delivery to the sender?

11. overriding local delivery in sendmail

12. Local delivery for sendmail

13. (Urgent) Sendmail fails on TCP/IP delivery