HELP!:NT 3.51 has no login: and password: (Dynamically allocated IP's!)

HELP!:NT 3.51 has no login: and password: (Dynamically allocated IP's!)

Post by J4K3 » Tue, 05 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I have a very pecular problem. I am trying to use Linux ppp to
connect to a ISP running Windows NT 3.51. I have succesfully connected
to other providers using linux. They were Unix providers. I now have to
use a WinNT provider, there is no shell access on this provider, it is
straight PPP only. And to my dismay, Windows_NT doesn't give a login:
then password: prompt at login. When you dial it's just a blank screen.
Sure it works FINE with windows95, but I wish to run linux with it. Now
the problem lies with not knowing no1) when to put the username or
password in. no2)it doesn't shoot an IP address back at you (Or not one
I can see with a terminal program. :] ) so that linux can assign an ip
to itself. If anyone out there has*ed this problem with windows NT
ppp. Please I would appreciate ANY help given. Thanks for reading this.

Jake Schneider

HELP!:NT 3.51 has no login: and password: (Dynamically allocated IP's!)

Post by David Laud » Fri, 08 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>You need to upgrade to at least ppp-2.2.0c, because this revision

                                 ^^^^^^^^^^
I'm using ppp-2.1.2d and having no problems connecting to an NT/RAS
box. Apart from this, I agree with everything you said.

dL

1. TCP/IP printing to NT 3.51 amchine's printer

Hi guys,
        I have a NT3.51 server with TCP/IP printing installed so
solaris 2.4 machines could print to the printer attached to NT
machine.  Currently I could only print ASCII files to that NT
machine's printer.  PS file, Netscape's image file all go wrong.
Some person suggest that I could put a "filter" on solaris side.
I manned "lpr" and it said sth. about filtering, but not directly
applicable.

        Does any person have some idea or experience about
this?

        Regards!

        H. Yu

2. cleaning the internal cache in ARM

3. Use 'fdisk /mbr' under NT 3.51 to remove lilo & linux?

4. Xwrapper

5. FS: O'Reilly, NT 3.51 cd, Linux books, FreeBSD, network books, etc

6. Unix Server Performance

7. Linux and NT 3.51 dont'twork togehter

8. Multi-ethernet problem

9. can't get nt 3.51 ws and linux to coexist on toshiba notebook

10. sendmail and dynamically allocated IP address, help please

11. Help: Windows NT 3.51, Netware 3.12, Sun File Sharing

12. Linux PPP -> NT RAS 3.51? Help!

13. Help: Windows NT 3.51, Netware 3.12, Sun File Sharing