addressbook + client for windows

Post by Nico Hoube » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 02:55:41

Hello Everybody,

Is there an application + server for connecting win2k clients to an
addressbook server and able to add/edit/delete and modify records in the
addressbook and also able to send e-mail through smtp and recieve e-mail
using external pop servers.

Greetings Nico

addressbook + client for windows

Post by Erik Alva » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 13:07:42

    Sounds like you want LDAP.

    http://www.openldap.org/

    You can then configure your Outlook Express clients to use LDAP (do a
query for KB article Q238007).

Quote:> Hello Everybody,

> Is there an application + server for connecting win2k clients to an
> addressbook server and able to add/edit/delete and modify records in the
> addressbook and also able to send e-mail through smtp and recieve e-mail
> using external pop servers.

> Greetings Nico

1. Palm Pilot addressbook to KDE addressbook

I'm looking for a way to get my Palm Pilot addressbook into KDE's
addbressbook so that I can use the e-mail addresses with both KMail and
with KNode.  I've got kdepim installed, and can synchronize my Palm to
Linux, but there isn't a conduit for the addressbook yet.  My calendar does
appear nicely in korganizer.

Any ideas on what I can do to get the addressbook transferred?

Thanks,
        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA

2. Another Logitech Wheelmouse...

3. Samba file timestamp policy with Linux client .vs. Windows client

4. csh: command line instead of script

5. dns update from dhcp server ok for windows clients, not ok for linux (dhclient) clients

6. Remove LVM from 2.5 (resend)

7. Web client or small client for windows

8. How Do I add an Interface on BSD?

9. Communication needed between linux server/client to windows client/server

10. Good, free X-Windows client for Windows 98?

11. X-Window client for MS Windows

12. I want to see a X-Windows session in some sort of Windows 2000 client

13. MS windows X window client - is it possible...