supply password to fetchmail on commandline

supply password to fetchmail on commandline

Post by peter pils » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:50:55

I've loads of users stored in a database and each has a few
pop/imap-accounts somewhere in the world and I would like to fetch them all
and deliver them locally. Instead of reinventing the wheel I'd like to use
fetchmail to do so. Unfortunately fetchmail requires the password written
in a configfile or entered interactively. Both is not suitable to me, cause
all data is stored in a database and should be processes noninteractively.

any idea ?
thnx,
peter

--
peter pilsl

http://www.goldfisch.at

1. Just test password from commandline.....

Hi,

I want to test a user's password from the commandline, nothing interactive,
just something like:

I use blowfish for password encryption and shadow passwords. I actually
want to use this from a cgi-script to test authentication.

Does anyone know of such utility?

Y. Dobon

2. self-powering down Linux

3. telnet like programs: supplying passwords

4. vold and audio CDs

5. Supplying password in script/Solaris x86 2.6

6. linux & 386/486 upgrade processors

7. Using Telnet without supplying a password

8. # in prompt and zsh

9. XRn, supplying username/password to an NNTP server

10. ssh login problem (must supply password to slogin)

11. Using telnet without supplying a password

12. how to supply password with rsh?