POP3 mail server on Linux; which program?

POP3 mail server on Linux; which program?

Post by Adam Brook » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi!  I'm going to try setting up a POP3 mail server which will handle up to
about 1000-1500 mailboxes.  What program should I use?  Thanks!

Adam Brooks

Post by Hernan Gonzale » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> Hi!  I'm going to try setting up a POP3 mail server which will handle up to
> about 1000-1500 mailboxes.  What program should I use?  Thanks!

> Adam Brooks

cucipop works very well with 1-10000 mailboxes
pros: it's small, robust and fast
cons: it's discontinued, the installation may be a little tricky
and you have no support

Hernan Gonzalez
BUenos Aires, Argentina

POP3 mail server on Linux; which program?

sendmail, procmail, fetchmail... Check this out :-)

Post by Chris Gushu » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> sendmail, procmail, fetchmail... Check this out :-)

none of which are POP3 servers...

>> Hi!  I'm going to try setting up a POP3 mail server which will handle up to
>> about 1000-1500 mailboxes.  What program should I use?  Thanks!

>> Adam Brooks

i use cucipop here, but that's only serving one person - me :)

1. NEED HELP WITH PROGRAMMING POP3 MAIL PROGRAM TO RETRIEVE MAIL ON UNIX-TO-UNIX

I'm a student at the University of Mississippi and my next programming
assignment is to write a C program on a unix box that will retrieve
POP3 mail from another unix machine.  Is there a really easy way of
doing this?  And if so, some sample code or description of "how to"
would be much appreciated.  Thanx.

2. 2.4.19-pre4 ide-probe

3. (newbie) pop3 mail client on pc attached via ethernet to linux pop3 server problems

4. Disable keyboard/mouse??

5. Is there a pop3 mail notifier program for Linux?

6. Cheap labor

7. how to use emacs mail with ISP pop3 mail server?

8. PnP Modem Setup

9. Downloading POP3 mail from ISP to IMAP server on a Linux box

10. POP3/SMTP Mail server under Linux

11. Help! Linux as a POP3 mail distribution server

12. email account issue Linux pop3 mail server

13. Home POP3 server connect to ISP POP3 server