Linux PPP to worldnet.att.net

Post by David G Hamble » Sat, 07 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Trying to connect to AT&T's worldnet using Linux kernel 2.0.0 and
ppp-2.2.0f.  This configuration works fine with my interramp account
using PAP.  I've followed the directions in the instructions at
http://www.toppig.com/wurd/linux.html and according to my debug and
syslog files I am successfully connecting.  The netstat and ifconfig
commands show the assigned IP address and gateway info, just like on the
interramp connection.

BUT,  a ping to the outside world drops the line almost immediately, and
if I do nothing, the line drops after 60 seconds (exactly).  The debug
files shows an LCP termination request received from the peer, followed
by a TermAcq sent.

Anyone else had this problem?  How do I keep the connection up?

Post by Bruce Lytl » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Trying to connect to AT&T's worldnet using Linux kernel 2.0.0 and
> ppp-2.2.0f.  This configuration works fine with my interramp account
> using PAP.  I've followed the directions in the instructions at
> http://www.toppig.com/wurd/linux.html and according to my debug and
> syslog files I am successfully connecting.  The netstat and ifconfig
> commands show the assigned IP address and gateway info, just like on the
> interramp connection.

> BUT,  a ping to the outside world drops the line almost immediately, and
> if I do nothing, the line drops after 60 seconds (exactly).  The debug
> files shows an LCP termination request received from the peer, followed
> by a TermAcq sent.

> Anyone else had this problem?  How do I keep the connection up?

I am trying to do the same thing (almost as we ?speak?) same results...
I have tried the +chap option, and get a message saying it can't access
the file (?) I've made /etc/ppp/chap-secrets read/executable by the
whole world, (I know, bad plan! I'm trying everything) same shit...
When I do without +chap my /var/log/messages file reports modprobe cant
find net-pf-[2,3,4,5] WFT? I can't find anything about these missing
modules.... Like what makes 'em, what are they,etc.

We'll see, stay in touch, let me know if you figure it out..

1. help PPP -> worldnet.att.net

I am running RedHat 5.1 and trying to setup PPP to my IPS
worldnet.att.net.

When I monitor message file the converastion passes the point where
serial connection established the it says using ppp0
connect: ppp0<->/dev/ttyS2
Hangup.
What am I missing?  Tried number of sings nothing seems to work.
Does anyone know if they use CHAP/PAP?

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Roman--

2. Re : Finding an ethernet address on a Sun/3

3. worldnet.att.net

4. Remote booting a test kernel with GRUB

5. ??? ppp2.2 <-> worldnet.att.net

6. ipchains problem .

7. Dial-in to worldnet.att.net: "not 8-bit clean"

8. Best Linux version for networking.

9. CHAP fails connect to worldnet.att.net

10. Help with up Linux 6.0 PPP w/ ATT's Worldnet

11. From: Jamie Putnam <jrpdjc@worldnet.att.net>

12. In article day@AT&T.worldnet.att.net, chas.day@ix.netcom.com writes:

13. [paulmeyer@worldnet.att.net: Re: Anything happening with Sys V ?]