/proc/net/snmp and SNMP MIB

Post by jeff.phill.. » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

We have several Red Hat 5.1 servers in our server pool.  On some of the servers, an snmp query on .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.tcp.tcpOutSegs.0 will give me a number greater than zero.  On others it will give me exactly zero.  Now, on those that give me zero, I can display /proc/net/snmp and the field for Tcp: OutSegs is greater than zero.  Should there be a correllation between the snmp query and the same field in /proc/net/snmp?  If so, why does that not exist on this machine, or better yet, how can I make it exist?  On the boxes that return a number greater than zero for the snmp query, this number matches the one in the OutSegs field in /proc/net/snmp.

Linux Programmer's Site

1. SNMP tools which use /proc/net/snmp ?

Hello,

I'm looking for snmp tools (agent and admin tools).
Is there any agent which use /proc/net/snmp ?

Has someone managed getting isode-tools compiled/installed and
running under linux ?

Thanks
Michael
* Michael Zill             * Phone : +49 6171 72175               *

2. Apache 1.0.2 : problem with SSI of protected pages

3. hpnp.mib MIB SNMP & SunNet Manager

4. Incorrect shell in passwd file

5. UCD SNMP (Net-SNMP) 4.2.1 on AIX 4.3.3?

6. Modprobe error msg on boot

7. Replacing Sun's SNMP with net-snmp

8. How do I install ssh?

9. net-snmp mib browser

10. TCP/IP, /proc/net, snmp

11. small bug plus fix for /proc/net/snmp (Imcp: field count)

12. Win95 snmp w/linux snmp

13. SNMP for People who wish not to snmp