Boca PCI Ethernet card

Post by d.. » Tue, 21 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I see in the Howtos that there is a problem with Boca PCI ethernet cards
and Pentium > 60  Mhz.  It seems there is a capacitor which Boca left out.

Anyone know what the cap is and where it goes?

Dale J. Chatham                                                         WA5WNI

1. BOCA PCI Ethernet card

After reading the "Ethernet-HOWTO", I purchased a boca PCI ethernet
card. The card has the PCnet-PCI chip on it and the HOWTO implies
that it should work with linux. I rebuilt the kernel with AT1500/NE2100
support enabled, but no go. Poking around with the DOS packet driver,
the card seems to want to make it's I/O address to be 0xD100. After
adding this to the probe list in the "lance.c" file, the card appears to be
found, but the driver hangs just after printing the ethernet physical
address. The PCI slot is a "master" and the IRQ is set to 15, the trigger
is "level".

Any clues?

George Erhart
AT&T bell labs

2. AIX Update Directory - Free Choice ?

3. BOCA PCI Ethernet CARD woes

4. Help w/ Xfree86

5. Boca PCI Ethernet card problems - more details?

6. 2.5.64-bk3 UML kernel available

7. Opinions wanted about Boca PCI ethernet card

8. Three newbie questions :)

9. Boca PCI ethernet card woes : Solved - Maybe ?

10. Boca phone number? PCI Ethernet card

11. Boca BEN1PI PCI Ethernet card - STRIKE FOUR!

12. Boca Ethernet PCI card problems

13. PCI ethernet card shares irq with PCI scsi card