SMTP UUCP novell linux and groupwise are having a problem

SMTP UUCP novell linux and groupwise are having a problem

Post by 100730.3.. » Wed, 15 May 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to configure an Linux, Novell, Groupwise with the SMPT gateway
to send mail to the internet using an uucp connection on the linux host.
the UUCP connenction works i get my mail and i can send mail using mail
from linux it self. but when i try to send the mail to the Novell host with the smtp
gateway i get an tcpip error 420

is there anybody who can tell me where to look fore the problem i havent a clue.

best regards Nico

Post by Jens Krau » Fri, 17 May 1996 04:00:00

: I am trying to configure an Linux, Novell, Groupwise with the SMPT gateway
: to send mail to the internet using an uucp connection on the linux host.
: the UUCP connenction works i get my mail and i can send mail using mail
: from linux it self. but when i try to send the mail to the Novell host with the smtp
: gateway i get an tcpip error 420

: is there anybody who can tell me where to look fore the problem i havent a clue.

Ok. Perhaps you frogot to configure your smtp deamon on your linux box???
If so innd tryes to start a misconfigured sednmail ..... That can lead
to errors like the above....

Ciao Jens

: best regards Nico
--
Jens Krau?      | Linux,the     | If there's a god up in the skies, looking

Dieburg, Germany | Gnu Generation| to the wrold that he created.... (QUEEN)

1. Novell Groupwise fetchmail problem

Trying to hit a groupwise IMAP server and having problems.  I am
running fetchmail 5.8.0 here is the output.  The password is correct.

fetchmail: IMAP< * OK GroupWise IMAP4rev1 Server Ready
fetchmail: IMAP> A0001 CAPABILITY
fetchmail: IMAP< * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1
fetchmail: IMAP< A0001 OK CAPABILITY completed
fetchmail: IMAP> A0002 LOGIN "wbedward" "*"
fetchmail: IMAP< A0002 NO LOGIN ffff Invalid password

fetchmail: IMAP> A0003 LOGOUT
fetchmail: IMAP< * BYE IMAP4rev1 Server Disconnect
fetchmail: IMAP< A0003 OK LOGOUT completed
fetchmail: Query status=3 (AUTHFAIL)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 3

Thanks,

Brent Edwards

2. Veritas Cluster server trade offer

3. NOVELL GroupWise 5.x and LINUX

4. Protocol not available

5. Help I am having OOP problems in Linux

6. Linux-compatible H/W recommendations

7. I am having a few problems with Linux......

8. Termcap for Tek 4107