TrendMicro InterScan VirusWall on Linux

Post by Lilia Vog » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

We are running TrendMicro InterScan VirusWall  (SMTP) on RedHat 6.1
Linux. Since some days we have a series of system crashes. The server
just hangs and there is nothing neither in the system nor in the
application logs.

Is there anybody that has similar experience?

All help is greatly appriciated!!!!

Lilia

TrendMicro InterScan VirusWall on Linux

Post by mcgo.. » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> We are running TrendMicro InterScan VirusWall  (SMTP) on RedHat 6.1
> Linux. Since some days we have a series of system crashes. The server
> just hangs and there is nothing neither in the system nor in the
> application logs.

Look at the output of /opt/trend/ISBASE/IScan.BASE/perfmon
to see what the iscan process are doing. All should say OK.

If you lots in  EXIT state and they are not
recyling/restarting then, either upgrade to the newest
version of TrendMicro  and/or restart trend/sendmail
every few hours from cron as cheap work around.

Eric McGough

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.