ftp connections stuck in CLOSE_WAIT

Post by Tony » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:14:57

I have tons of ftp connections stuck in CLOSE_WAIT and some in FIN_WAIt2
state. Users cannot ftp into the box. I know rebooting will free up the
connections but why are these connections not being freeed up?

Thanks

1. stuck in CLOSE/CLOSE_WAIT...

 Any answers on this? I have had to reboot the Linux machine
twice already because the connection gets stuck in that state
and the Linux TCP/IP stack doesn't timeout on it (even after
days of the same persisting condition). I think this is a
kernel bug.

--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer              Amsterdam, The Netherlands

*** The opinions expressed hereby are mine and not my employer's ***

2. upgrade to fast ethernet

3. CLOSE_WAIT issue (Software fails to close connections)

4. SWiM Motif 2.0 for Linux - New CD edition.

5. Net connections remain in CLOSE_WAIT

6. diald, pppd, gated, Someone erasing default route

7. TIME_WAIT, CLOSE_WAIT connection states

8. Help with this script

9. Clearing CLOSE_WAIT connections?

10. process with connection in CLOSE_WAIT won't die in 2.4.2

11. FTP error: Can't build data connection: Connection refused.

12. FTP: 425 Can't build data connection: Connection timed out.

13. print connection stuck in SYN_SENT