.htaccess don't work

Post by David Efflan » Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:00:00

><!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">

Please don't use html on Linux newsgroups.  It just clutters things up.

Quote:>Hi all,
>in my /home/behapy/public_html does not work.&nbsp; How can I find the
>reason?

The problem is that you probably neglected to set the Options or
AllowOverride in the main server conf files for whatever you are trying to
do in that directory tree. But you didn't explain what you are trying to
do, so I can only suggest that you read the docs for 'Options' and
'AllowOverride' directives.

If that does not clear up your questions, give us a clue what you are
trying to do in .htaccess that does not work.

http://hammer.prohosting.com/~cgi-wiz/  http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/

1. htaccess don't work, need help

Hi,
  I'm running apache 1.3.9 with solaris 2.6 on an ultra 5.  My
apache "access.conf" looks like:

<Directory /opt/apache/htdocs/main>
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Rescricted Area"
  AuthUserFile /opt/apache/.htpasswd
  AuthGroupFile /dev/null
  require valid-user
</Directory>

and this works fine.  But when I try to put a ".htaccess" in a
directory,  I never get a username and password box.  Any ideas?
My ".htaccess" looks like this:

<Files .htaccess>
  order allow,deny
  deny from all
</Files>

AuthUserFile /opt/apache/htdocs/downloads/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName "Restricted Stuff"
AuthType "Basic"

<Limit GET POST>
require valid-user
</Limit>

Is there a configuration in "httpd.conf" that I need to set in order to
get the ".htaccess" to work?  Thanks for the help in advance...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. worldspy.net ISP

3. .htaccess don't work

4. Some VNC questions...

5. Oh, fooey -- drivers don't work, rpm doesn't work

6. help on this shell script

7. 'batch' and 'at' don't work

8. Mouse button too responsive...

9. 'make' and 'gcc' don't work

10. 'stty -opost' or 'stty -onlcr' don't work ?!

11. Apache don't care of my .htaccess or .htpasswd

12. htaccess: I confess, I don't get it

13. ? Red Hat 6.1 'apropos' don't work.