proxy program for win98/NT server + linux client

proxy program for win98/NT server + linux client

Post by kawin » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Which proxy program can allow me to use a Win98 or/and NT server as

server, but a linux as a client?

I have a network of 2 computers. One is a dual-boot of WIn98/NT, the

other is linux. I want to share Internet access between them but don't

know what proxy server program I should use. I have WinGate but seems

it only work on Windows networks.

Any suggestion will be welcomed,

kawing

proxy program for win98/NT server + linux client

Post by Frederik Meerwald » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Install M$ Proxy Server 2.0 or higher (I don't know if there's a higher
Version) to your NT System.
On your Linux System Enter in the Proxy field of NetScape the machinename
and the domain or the IP Address.

--
My real E-Mail address: Meerwaldt (at) T-Online (dot) de
$ ON F$ERROR("LANGUAGE","ENGLISH","IN_MESSAGE").GT.F$ERROR("NORMAL") -

Quote:> Which proxy program can allow me to use a Win98 or/and NT server as

> server, but a linux as a client?

> I have a network of 2 computers. One is a dual-boot of WIn98/NT, the

> other is linux. I want to share Internet access between them but don't

> know what proxy server program I should use. I have WinGate but seems

> it only work on Windows networks.

> Any suggestion will be welcomed,

> kawing

1. Linux client with MS Proxy Server 2.0 on NT Server

Howdy,

I have just set up RedHat 6.0, and want to run it as my main operating
system.  On my local intranet I am running MS Proxy Server 2.0 on NT Server,
and in my current Win98 system I have the WSP (winsock proxy) Client
installed for all winsock requests (so it makes the internet seemless in
windows).  How do I access the proxy server in Linux?  Is no WSP Client
equivalent for linux?  Is there another way of setting up linux so it can
use the proxy server?  Otherwise i am restricted to the local intranet which
just ain't good enough... :-)  I know the obvious answer would be to replace
NT Server with linux, but I am trying to take linux one step at a time (i am
relatively new to it)...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...  And may i just say, LINUX RULES
:-)

EvanD

2. libwhosis.so and ldconfig

3. Linux client=>NT Server + MS Proxy server Question

4. can't mount USB pen drive

5. PopTop VPN Server can see Win98 client but client can't see server

6. PROBLEM- Segmentation fault occurs when dd'ing entire drive ( 9.x GB) to a vfat partition.

7. socks proxy client on linux and ms proxy server

8. RH 5.0 TPC setup ?

9. Linux proxy client conf. with MS Proxy Server

10. FBSD client to internet via NT Server/Proxy

11. Migrate Win98 client to Linux and keep NT Domain logon?

12. Can a linux workstation be a client to Win98 or NT?

13. Linux Client and Win NT Proxy