How to make pcmcia ethernet card that works with Linux work with dos? . .

How to make pcmcia ethernet card that works with Linux work with dos? . .

Post by Alexey Marinich » Sat, 25 May 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I realize this is probably not the right question for this group but anyway,
maybe somebody cares to help. . .

So, I have a notebook computer with these weird 6529 Cirrus Logic PCI sockets
(probe doesn't recognize them though cardmgr works OK) and I have this IC
ethernet card.

The latter works perfectly with Linux but I can't use it from dos.

I think it might work to enable this card from Linux (dos progs don't do that)
and then use some sort of packet driver from dos.  The card is said to be
compatible to some standard type, but well, all the drivers from crynwr
collection don't seem to work.

Anybody have ideas what I should try?

Thanks--

        --Lyosha

1. Help - can't get PCMCIA ethernet card to work under Linux

Hi there,

I've recently spent some time tying to get my 3Com 3C589 PCMCIA
ethernet card to work under Linux.  It works fine under DOS, but
that's not good enough.  I've recompiled te Linux kernel to allow
support for loadable modules, and compiled the PCMCIA software
according to the PCMCIA-HOWTO.

All seems to be going well; cardmgr loads, the card appears to be
recognized by the system, but whenever I try checking it (by removing
and then inserting the card), I get two high beeps (indicating that
the card is recognized) and then a low beep, with the message:

SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable

and I don't know what to do.  The laptop is an Ascentia 910n, which
uses an i82365 clone as its socket driver.

If anyone has any useful advice, I'd be delighted if you'd let me know.

cheers,

Alasdair McAndrew               Dept. of Computer and Mathematical Sciences

Fax:   +61 3 9688 4050          P.O. 14428, Melbourne Mail Centre
Phone: +61 3 9688 4344          Melbourne, Vic 3000, Australia
             WWW Home Page:     http://www.vut.edu.au/~alasdair/amca.html

2. NEED HELP Deciding which Linux dist. to get

3. Anyone made a 3Com 3C905-TX PCI Ethernet card work?

4. telnet vs. su command - restrictions

5. Making 3C509B ethernet card working

6. Crack is slow?

7. 3com Megahertz Lan 10 Mbps Ethernet Card PCMCIA - 3CCE589ET - how to make it work?

8. re bash script help

9. How to get 3Com 3C589D PCMCIA III Ethernet card working

10. PCMCIA ethernet card stopped working...WHY?

11. pcmcia ethernet card: only works after it has been reached

12. Want to get Digital PCMCIA Ethernet card working

13. need help getting a Xircom PCMCIA ethernet card to work under freebsd 4.2