ftp problem on LAN

Post by Michael Cosgrov » Thu, 08 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have a local network with a Win98 box, and linux (Mandrake 6.0) TCP/IP
ethernet.  I am having trouble with samba leaving my files "busy."

This posting is for another problem:  I can ftp to the linux machine as
annonymous, but not as a regular user.  It seems to be a password problem.
I can telnet using the user/pswd, but no ftp - I've tried 3 clients.  Is
Win98 messing up passwords or what?  Any ideas?

-Michael

-----------------------------
Web-present 24/7 b2b2me2shining sea! www.seanet.com/~cozmotion

1. ftp problem LAN behind NAT/fierwall to LAN

hi I have a problem with ftp connecion
there is a ftp server on port 2121(forward on LAN)
and me also on LAN but another one.
I asked my adminnistrator to free this port so i could conect to this
ftp , and so he did, i can connect to it but when mz ftp client trah to
list files i get
350 Restarting at 100. Send STORE or RETRIEVE.
REST 0
350 Restarting at 0. Send STORE or RETRIEVE.
PWD
257 "/" is current directory.
TYPE A
200 Type set to A.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,x,xx,xx,13,230)
Data Socket Error: Network is unreachable
List Error

2. Minolta (Color)PageWorks and Linux

3. Very Slow FTP on Local LAN Linux server/masquerading box, but internet FTP is fine.

4. "Linux..for IQs over 98"

5. Problem with Telnet, FTP to machine in LAN

6. smartd hard disk monitoring question

7. BOCA PCI LAN FTP problem

8. performance problems

9. problem doing FTP PASV from Masqueraded LAN

10. Problem setting up ftp server inside lan (iptables)

11. forwarding ftp on LAN...problem: connection time out

12. Setup problems via LAN FTP

13. IP-Forwarding PPP-LAN but not LAN-LAN