CHAP on Linux/Apache WWW server

Post by Bill Dun » Mon, 10 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Can somebody describe to me what is entailed with setting up CHAP on a Red hat
machine? Any links to some detailed info will be very appreciated.
--

    Billy W. Dunn
    Web Page Designer

http://www.vci.net/~bildun/
http://www.midwest.net/scribers/bildun/
                        (last update 26 May 1996)

1. Novell Netware WWW Servers versus Linux WWW Servers

Hi,
  could you please consider this posting on behalf of a colleague :

        Does any one have experience with Novell Netware  WEB servers, e.g.
        Sitebuilder ?
        Are they stable, do they properly support modern WWW facilities, such as
        CGI, SSI?
        Unless I provide my college with strong reasons in favour of a Linux
        based WWW server, they will switch to a Novell Netware based one, due to
        the lack of Unix expertise within the college.
        I will be most grateful for any advise on this matter.

        Persephoni

        Dr Persephoni Karaolani, Senior Lecturer, I.T. Department,
        Liverpool Hope University College, Woolton Road,

Thanks in advance.

                        Paul

Paul Hazlewood
Research Assisstant
I.T. Department,
Liverpool Hope University College, Woolton Road,
Liverpool L16 8ND

2. SuSE 7.1 Pro and USB

3. pppd - PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 protocol negotiation

4. advice: writing a printer driver

5. Connecting pppd to NT server without chap/ms-chap

6. lilo.conf - How do you set drive geometry?

7. A Complete apache manual pages for Apache WWW server.

8. Opinion wanted on 16Meg upgrade Y/N?

9. apache www server with frontpage server extensions

10. indexer/search engine for linux/apache www server

11. Apache WWW server and Linux

12. Cisco STP packets on port 80 and Apache WWW server

13. IFCONFIG with alias option for Apache WWW Server NeXT