Linux won't take my card

1. Linux won't boot if my ethernet card isn't connected

I'm running RH51 on a toshiba laptop.  I have a Xircom IIps ethernet
pcmcia card that I use to connect to the lan at the office.  But, if
I'm not connected to the lan (e.g. I'm at home), the Linux boot
sequence hangs at the "loading amd" line.  If I remove the pcmcia
card, everything works fine.  It's more of an annoyance than a problem
(except for when I take the ethernet card out and leave it at home,
like today), except it leads me to believe that my Linux setup must be
badly configured.
---
Mark Wright
Blue Frog Software, Inc

2. Swap over net

3. HELP: Linux instal won't recognize adaptec SCSI card

4. need help with bash shell interactivity

5. Linux won't recognize two ethernet cards simultaneously

6. Linux files on FAT32 drive

7. linux won't recognize my network card

8. Where is MOSAIC FOR LINUX?

9. Linux won't boot with network card

10. Linux won't recognize video card

11. Q: Linux won't see cards Video and Eth

12. Linux won't see NIC card

13. Linux won't boot with network card