I killed my FTP Server!?

Post by P. Alexand » Sun, 20 Aug 1995 04:00:00

My ftpd server was working fine until I used the FTPSHUT command
for the first time. Since then it just doesn't come alive again.
Even when I do a ftp localhost I get the message Error 500 Host is
temporarily out of service.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I killed my FTP Server!?

Post by Avner Lott » Thu, 24 Aug 1995 04:00:00

: My ftpd server was working fine until I used the FTPSHUT command
: for the first time. Since then it just doesn't come alive again.
: Even when I do a ftp localhost I get the message Error 500 Host is
: temporarily out of service.

: Anybody have any suggestions?

# rm /etc/shutmsg

Avner

I killed my FTP Server!?

Post by Joe Slo » Thu, 24 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>My ftpd server was working fine until I used the FTPSHUT command
>for the first time. Since then it just doesn't come alive again.
>Even when I do a ftp localhost I get the message Error 500 Host is
>temporarily out of service.

>Anybody have any suggestions?

rm /etc/shutmsg

--
 Joe Sloan                     |    http://dostoevsky.ucr.edu

~

1. I killed my FTP server !!

My ftpd server was working fine until I used the FTPSHUT command
for the first time. Since then it just doesn't come alive again (after
several reboots).

Even when I do a "ftp localhost" I get the message Error 500 Host is
temporarily out of service.

Anybody have any suggestions?

2. Recommend a modem?

3. UNIX FTP server killed by unfinished sessions

4. Spec for NEC 3FGe monitor?

5. Killed my FTP server

6. Welcome to comp.unix.programmer (v1.11)

7. Remotely killing X-server - killing zombies explained

8. SLS1.03 libgmon.a missing ?

9. Ip_masq_ftp kills IE4 & Netscape FTP, not CUTE-FTP, how to fix???

10. KILL KILL KILL

11. Kill COREL; Kill COREL; Kill COREL; ...

12. A method to kill process that cannot be killed even with `kill -9'.

13. How to kill process which not killed by 'kill' ?