IP Tables & IP Accounting

Post by Matt » Thu, 15 May 2003 07:08:50

Why is it that IP accounting only counts the packets that pass through the
linux box and not the packets that originate at or terminate at the linux
box?  This is when using a linux box acting as an Internet access router and
firewall.

Matt

IP Tables & IP Accounting

Post by tuxchild36 » Thu, 15 May 2003 09:16:40

> Why is it that IP accounting only counts the packets that pass through the
> linux box and not the packets that originate at or terminate at the linux
> box?  This is when using a linux box acting as an Internet access router and
> firewall.

> Matt

Which version of kernel and iptables are you using.

You need at least iptables 1.2.6a and linux kernel 2.4.19.
when you build your 2.4.19 or higher kernel, under 'networking options' ->
'ip: netfilter configuration' -> 'full nat' you will need to enable 'nat
of local connections'.  be sure to read the help too.

1. ip tables vpn pptp and ip gre47

hi
i have smoothwall firewall,
on my router i have configurated the forwarding of tcp 1723 on the red of
firewall and
activated  teh ip gre 47.

on firewall i have configurated the forwarding of tcp 1723 on the internal
ip vpn server

and
At the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall.up, add the following:

vpnserver="192.168.1.x"
/sbin/iptables -N pptp
/sbin/iptables -A pptp -p tcp --destination-port 1723 --dst $vpnserver -j
ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A pptp -p 47 --dst $vpnserver -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -I FORWARD -j pptp
/sbin/iptables -t nat -N pptp
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A pptp -i $RED_DEV -p tcp --dport 1723 -j DNAT --to
$vpnserver:1723
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A pptp -i $RED_DEV -p 47 -j DNAT --to $vpnserver
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -j pptpbut when i try the connection on
a windows client i haave this problemone minutes on the "verification user
name and password "then error 628 help me thanks.

2. COMMERCIAL: Metro-X 3.1.5 Update - Bug Fixes & Additional Card Support

3. IP Chains / Ip Tables

4. Why: Configure (kdevelop-1.0) Symbol ref err for dlopen

5. IP tables script, multiple IP's ?

6. AIX4.2 + xstation120

7. Going from IP chains to IP tables

8. RH7.3, kernel 2.4.18-3 recompile to enable devfs

9. Cannot FTP via IP MASQUERADE with IP tables

10. IP Tables v. IP Chains

11. Proxy/Ip-masquerade & NT & accounting

12. how to do ip spoofing with ip tables..

13. IP accounting on a per-user basis, rather than per IP address.