PPP setup problems

Post by Todd Shipwa » Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I am having problems connecting to an internet domain because I can't get it
to dial out could you please help me.  My email address is

PPP setup problems

Post by Kalevi Hautanie » Wed, 14 Jan 1998 04:00:00

: I am having problems connecting to an internet domain because I can't get it
: to dial out could you please help me.  My email address is

There's not too much an information of your system, really, to help
you. What if you take a second look at Serial-HOWTO to make your modem
to dial-out?

If you can dial-out with your modem using some communication program,
try to find out how that program initializes your modem and duplicate
it in your chat/dip -script you use to set up your link to your ISP.

--
Kalevi J Hautaniemi,      Marjatankatu 12,     33730 Tampere,  FINLAND.
****  http://oh3tr.ele.tut.fi/~oh3fg/ ****  On air:  OH3FG, KO4BC  ****

1. PPP Setup problems and general problem in fvwm

I'm using slackware 2.0.3 and I've got everything working except these
three things.

When I start a Xwindows application such as emacs or xfig, it thinks
that my screen is bigger than it is and starts the application off in
two of my virtual screen windows.  Sometimes when I start it on the
first desktop, I won't be able to move it cuz the top is un-reachable by
mouse.  Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

I have a pager that manages the desktops.  I have 12 windows in this
thing, I want to decrease this to about 4.  How do I do this?

I've been trying to set up PPP.  I have tried various methods of doing
this but no success.  I used minicom to first login to my ISP and then
quit minicom to start pppd.  I've tried a chatscript but it didn't work
either.  Does anyone know how I can use chat so that I can see what it
is sending the modem and what the modem is responding with?  It seems to
be trying to connect but hangs up on me after a while.  When I type
"ifconfig" which is what one of the documentations said, it said that
this command did not exist.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.  I've been struggling with linux
setup for weeks and I still can't get it working perfectly the way I
want it to.  It's very frustrating.

Paul Tsai

2. 2.5 and 2.4: fix PCI IO BAR flags

3. PPP setup problem

4. ne0: device timeout

5. Yet another PPP Setup problem :) (please help!)

6. Mouse and Video under DOSEMU

7. PPP setup problems

8. About Linux flavor?

9. PPP setup problem in Linux