Can't use my modem after using dip

Post by Bryon Nordqui » Mon, 09 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Hello.  I'm have set up my linux machine to use DIP to connect to the
internet.  That works fine, but when I was done, I issued "dip -k" to
hangup up and this killed the dip program.  However, Linux now thinks
the device /dev/cua1 (my modem) is permanently busy.  I can't run
DIP a second time because it can't open /dev/cua1.  Does anyone know
how I can fix this?  Thanks.

-Bryon Nordquist

1. Can't use my modem after using DIP

Hello, I was using DIP on my Linux machine and when I was done,
I issued a "dip -k" command to kill the dip process.  This
worked, but now Linux thinks /dev/cua1 is busy and won't let
me start DIP again.  The problem is still there even after I
cycle power.  Anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks.

-Bryon Nordquist

2. Disable shell mode in 'vi'

3. DIP scripts using ':'

4. SGI Visual Workstation 320 compatibility?

5. Problems using 'dip'

6. audio capture and CD Writing

7. Using PPP - callback or using DIP

8. (Q) Floppy drive sick

9. PROBLEM: Modem hangsup when using dip/ppd when lagged

10. Connection speed of modem using dip

11. ProbProblem with modem under linux using DIP

12. help with using dip over a null modem

13. Modem in weird mode after using DIP