SuSE 7.3 Pro Linux v.s Lexmark E210 Printer on W2K

SuSE 7.3 Pro Linux v.s Lexmark E210 Printer on W2K

Post by N/A » Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:05:37

Hi,

I am trying to print on to a W2K Adv Svr from my SuSE 7.3 Pro
Linux machine.  The printer on the W2K Adv Svr is a Lexmark E210
laser printer.  I used CUPS and managed to print to the W2K
printer spooler alas the printer does not produce an output from
the print job.  I am wondering if anyone out here has
successfully done such a remote printing setup.

TIA.

1. Lexmark E210 Laser Printer vs. SuSE 7.3 Pro + CUPs

Hi,

I have just bought a Lexmark E210 Laser printer from CompUSA.
The box mentioned that Linux RedHat-6.1 or higher is supported.
Since my AMD Athlon is running SuSE 7.3 Pro Linux distro and I
also have a W2K Adv Svr on my LAN, I have two choices either to
physically install this printer on my Linux machine or the W2K
Adv Svr.  So far, I have installed this printer on the W2K Adv
Svr and it works beautifully on the W2K server.  Also, I have
made this printer shareable.  When I tried to setup this printer
on my Linux machine using YaST2 through CUPs, it could not
locate the printer's name after locating the W2K server.  I
wondered if anyone out here has some luck trying to setup
his/her Linux machine to access this printer on a W2K server.

I have yet to try to physically connect this printer on my Linux
machine and set it as a printserver using samba for the W2K
server.

2. Power Management: exiting minicom disables power management?

3. LexMark E210 Laser Printer

4. problem in making kernel v2.0.33

5. Problems with Lexmark Z34 and SuSE 7.3

6. Yggdrasil CD useful any more?

7. : Setting Up A Dial In Server Using SuSE 7.3 Pro

8. lpr: unable to print file: client-error-document-format-not-supported

9. SuSE 7.3 Pro CDs

10. SuSE 7.3 Pro crashes

11. Autoconf vs. SuSE 7.3 Pro

12. SuSE 7.3 Pro vs. 3DFX Voodo 3500 TV AGP Card

13. Suse 7.3 Pro networking