Linksys Router

Post by Baho Uto » Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:02:30

I have a Linksys router RTP300. Doing NAT to a Lan.

I have linux servers on the Lan side. The servers are scratch built Linux
boxen. All hosts are Linux boxen  no ms windows (not on my network) :)

Is there a way to get the ip address (internet side) without logging in to
the administration setup?

Arp will only get  me the address on the Lan side and not the Internet
side :( (That is I don't know how to ask it to get me what I am looking
for).

I need to detect when my ISP changes my dynamic ip (ip doesn't change very
much).

I am trying to run ddclient from a server on the LAN to update DNS to
DynDNS.org (a dynamic dns provider).

I know I can put the server directly on then internet (DMZ) side but I want
to avoid that. I want to port forward port 80 from the linksys to the
webserver on the LAN side to take advanage of the firewall in the linksys
router (yes the server has its on iptables firewall).

Thanks for any ideas/help/suggestions you may have.

--
Dancin' in the ruins tonight
Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

Linksys Router

Post by Keith Kelle » Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:15:23

Quote:> I have a Linksys router RTP300. Doing NAT to a Lan.

> I have linux servers on the Lan side. The servers are scratch built Linux
> boxen. All hosts are Linux boxen  no ms windows (not on my network) :)

> Is there a way to get the ip address (internet side) without logging in to
> the administration setup?

Does the Linksys support sshd?  If so, configure that and run ifconfig.
(Or, if you're able, install openwrt on it, which will definitely
support ifconfig.)

If not, you can still script logging in to the admin web interface and
parse out the IP.  Perl has a bunch of modules to help do that.

--keith

--

(try just my userid to email me)

Linksys Router

Post by sunil.mary.. » Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:56:44

Hi,

This answer i gave you assuming there is snmp enabled on the router

as you said on the LAN there are all the Linux boxes and also i assume
that they have the snmpwalk utility.

you execute the command

root$ snmpwalk -v1 -c public <host ip address> 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.20.1.1

This command will give you the list of ip address the device have so if
you exclude the LAN IP address and loopback address the other ip
address is ur WAN ip address.

bye,
sunil

> > I have a Linksys router RTP300. Doing NAT to a Lan.

> > I have linux servers on the Lan side. The servers are scratch built Linux
> > boxen. All hosts are Linux boxen  no ms windows (not on my network) :)

> > Is there a way to get the ip address (internet side) without logging in to
> > the administration setup?

> Does the Linksys support sshd?  If so, configure that and run ifconfig.
> (Or, if you're able, install openwrt on it, which will definitely
> support ifconfig.)

> If not, you can still script logging in to the admin web interface and
> parse out the IP.  Perl has a bunch of modules to help do that.

> --keith

> --

> (try just my userid to email me)
> AOLSFAQ=http://www.therockgarden.ca/aolsfaq.txt
> see X- headers for PGP signature information

Linksys Router

Post by Baho Uto » Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:02:30

> Hi,

> This answer i gave you assuming there is snmp enabled on the router

> as you said on the LAN there are all the Linux boxes and also i assume
> that they have the snmpwalk utility.

> you execute the command

> root$ snmpwalk -v1 -c public <host ip address> 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.20.1.1

> This command will give you the list of ip address the device have so if
> you exclude the LAN IP address and loopback address the other ip
> address is ur WAN ip address.

> bye,

I'll look into that Thanks

--
Dancin' in the ruins tonight
Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

Linksys Router

Post by Baho Uto » Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:02:31

>> I have a Linksys router RTP300. Doing NAT to a Lan.

>> I have linux servers on the Lan side. The servers are scratch built Linux
>> boxen. All hosts are Linux boxen  no ms windows (not on my network) :)

>> Is there a way to get the ip address (internet side) without logging in
>> to the administration setup?

> Does the Linksys support sshd?  If so, configure that and run ifconfig.
> (Or, if you're able, install openwrt on it, which will definitely
> support ifconfig.)

Yes it does have secure shell (sshd).  I will try the ifconig and see what
happens

Quote:

> If not, you can still script logging in to the admin web interface and
> parse out the IP.  Perl has a bunch of modules to help do that.

> --keith

Yes I thought about checkip.dyndns.org and either scraping it or knitting a
few perls together :)

I was trying not to go that route, but I think it will be the most
productive one.

Thanks

--
Dancin' in the ruins tonight
Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

1. Linux/Win2K Server As A Router vs. Linksys Router (BEFSR41)

Hi,

I have a cable modem connection with a single semi dynamic
public IP address.  Currently, I have installed a Linksys router
(BEFSR41) between the cable modem and my intranet LAN to share
my Linux machine as well as several windows machines.  I am
thinking to replace this Linksys Router with a home made Win2K
server or Linux running on either a winchip 200MHz or an AMD
K6-2 400MHz CPU (prefer to use a winchip 200MHz CPU from IOpener
and put the 400MHz CPU to the IOpener).  Frankly speaking, I am
opted to use Linux over Win2K as a router.  However, being
limited to only a single public IP address, I am force to
thinking of using Win2K instead of Linux as my router mainly
because I can attach several USB devices, i.e. VoIPBlaster,
ActionTec VoIP devices, etc.  to the router to use them.  As
with Linux, the VoIPBlaster driver found on the SourceForge
site, (http://sourceforge.net/projects/voip-blaster), is still
to early to use.

I am very confused to face this dilemma and am hoping you all
will be able to help me out.  TIA.

2. Includes in Apache configuration files?

3. linux router Vs Linksys Router

4. Problem with ln -sf command.

5. Concern with Redhat 8 and Linksys router

6. Linux on 8088

7. Wont Resolve Host Names : RedHat 7.1,DFE-530TX+,Linksys Router Problem

8. Pentium II kernel optimization

9. DNS problem with Linksys router

10. FS: 8-Port Linksys Router

11. Linksys Router "Times Out" after about 4 hours?

12. Linksys Router Problem

13. How to get dynamic IP address from Linksys router