remote vi problems

Post by Vazquez Vict » Mon, 15 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hello everyone,

I am having some trouble while running vi remotely. I have a ppp connection
which I use to telnet to a Unix shell account. When I try to run vi
remotely while in X windows using xterm I get a characters that are not
where they are supposed to be. I have tried using CTRL-L to reset the
screen but the same thing happens again. By the way, if I run vi remotely
without being in X it works just fine, but I want more than one window open
at a time. Do I need to get a different type of terminal window, or just
some settings not setup properly? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Victor

1. Remote login vi problem

This is probably fixed via enviroment settings but, when I login to my
netBSD machine and start vi(for example) the cursor keys get translated
to those (A B C D) sequences.  I have no problems logging into my
openBSD, freeBSD or Linux machines, just the one netBSD machine.  Plus
on login I've tried setting my terminal to vt100, but I get the same
result.

Anybody else experience this, and know what the work around for it is?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Need XF86Config to run X-windows (Cirrus Card)

3. problems with remote printing under AIX 3.2 (and other remote access problems)

4. HELP: Loadlin

5. I hate to use vi under remote cmdtool window

6. Need to get IDE Ultra ATA access under kernel 2.2.x

7. vi screws up on remote access

8. C linking to a C interface C++ library

9. vi fails to start for remote terminal

10. Network Problems - Remote Ping successful / telnet local successful / telnet remote failed

11. Remote printing to remote unix printer problem with cpi= option

12. Remote printing problem: waiting for remote system to come up

13. ./vi won't execute vi?