pppd hangs machine

Post by erik van Heyninge » Fri, 30 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I'm using pppd 2.1.2 running on Linux 1.3.20 for incoming PPP
modem connections.

The script is something like

exec /usr/sbin/pppd connect '...' -detach silent modem /dev/cua1 38400

with '...' being a 'chat' script that picks up the phone (no
login/password procedure).

This works most of the time, but sometimes it suddenly locks up the
machine.

The hardware is nothing special: a 14K4 modem, the usual COM port
(16550?), a Dell 486.

Any ideas?

Erik

1. pppd mru negotiation makes pppd hang

When connecting to the local sevice provider, the pppd process hangs if I try
to get it to negociate mru 296.  In fact, it fails if I try to negociate any
mru at all.  The problem must be in my setup, because in Windows winsock is
able to negotiate mru.

Any ideas/pointers to the appropriate references would be appreciated.
Thanks,

David

2. Bual boot with XP

3. Machine hangs when mounted machines not up.

4. Arrgh! How do I connect to my ISP?

5. Hang, Hang, Hangs. No hopes!

6. Event driven I/O with TCP/IP sockets?

7. PPPD hang up

8. PPP configuration question...

9. dip & pppd -> modem hangs up, why?

10. pppd 2.2.0f hangs my system