wu-ftpd 2.6.0 Guest FTP upload odd as hell ;)

wu-ftpd 2.6.0 Guest FTP upload odd as hell ;)

Post by HellN » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

OK, this is what I got:

RedHat 6.1 (no changes to kernel) / wu-ftp 2.6.0

User used as an example is eco (Ed Costa)
added info:
/etc/passwd:
eco:x:501:501:Ed Costa:/home/eco/./:/bin/notelnet

eco is part of group web

/etc/ftpaccess:
guestgroup web

I setup my users as Guest Accounts
Their home dir is the / .  So to eco / is actualy /home/eco
my user eco can download files from the ftp dir (/home/eco or / to him)

The problems start when he tries and download files :\

I get an error saying no "pwdir"
I have the great idea of creating a dir "/home/eco" in the users dir:

root sees: /home/eco/home/eco
user sees: /home/eco

Now when the user uploads a file it works!... but the file can't be found in
/home/eco (root: /home/eco/home/eco) but in / (home/eco)

So, it can't find /home/eco but when you add /home/eco to the users dir it
works but rather tan uping the file to the users /home/eco it ups it to his
/ ???

If this mail is unclear, if you need more info or if you know the answer,
please mail me back!

Many thanks guys
Ed.

1. guest ftp configuration tool for wu-ftpd?

Haw anyone written a configuration tool for setting up chroot'ed guest
ftp accounts under wu-ftpd? I just hacked my way through getting it to
work, but it is going to be a pain to have to do that for every new
account I want to set up! There are too many steps: build dir
structure, edit both passwd and group files, set permissions.

Is there an easier way to do this?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Midnight commander starts automatically...Why?

3. Guest login with Wu-ftpd

4. Linux Newbie trying to install SCSI adapter

5. multiple wu-ftpd guest classes

6. 2.5.52 n_hdlc.c

7. Guest login with Wu-ftpd

8. AMD DX2/80

9. WU-FTPD Guest Login with PAM Authentication

10. wu-ftpd and guest account

11. Limiting Guest accounts in WU-FTPD

12. wu-ftpd guest problems

13. wu-ftpd - how to exceed limit on number of guest users?