procmail postprocessing question

Post by D. L. Vander Wou » Fri, 20 Sep 1996 04:00:00

This is probably a simple question for anyone with a good understanding of
shell scripts.  I am using popclient to retrieve my incoming mail executed
by cron periodically (when ppp is up) - no problem.  I then use procmail
(formail) to postprocess my mailbox using a script exactly like the one in
the procmail(1) man page.  This works perfectly when called from the
command line, however, when called from cron, nothing happens.  No error
messages anywhere, and mail is not sorted.
Is this a permissions problem?  Any ideas appreciated.  Please respond by
email if possible.
Thanks, Doug
--------------

procmail postprocessing question

Post by Rob Crittend » Fri, 20 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>This is probably a simple question for anyone with a good understanding of
>shell scripts.  I am using popclient to retrieve my incoming mail executed
>by cron periodically (when ppp is up) - no problem.  I then use procmail
>(formail) to postprocess my mailbox using a script exactly like the one in
>the procmail(1) man page.  This works perfectly when called from the
>command line, however, when called from cron, nothing happens.  No error
>messages anywhere, and mail is not sorted.

Cron jobs run with no PATH, so try either explicity stating where
binaries are in your script, or add a PATH statement to the beginning of it.

From the 'crontab' manpage:
When  a  crontab  command  is  run,  this crontab  runs it with /bin/sh
and sets up only three environment variables: USER, HOME, and SHELL.

--
Rob Crittenden
Hughes STX

1. WINDump and TCPDump IP-level Packet Delay Postprocessing

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help me with the following queries.

(1) I would like to find a freeware software tool for the windows o/s
environments, which allows the user to postprocess the TCPdump or
WINdump output files, so as to correlate packet pairs and calculate
delay distributions (pdf's). That is, some kind of script which when
told to filter for each IP-level packet pair (SrcA, DestB) .. and
(SrcC, DestD), will go on and calculate the statistical distribution of
the timestamp differences between all the packet pair instances.
Typically this is indeded for our applications where we want to measure
the IP packet latencies across certain ethernet-connected devices.

and

(2) Many of you will know of the "tcptrace" program for tcpdump output
postprocessing at the TCP level (window size, RTT etc). I am after a
tool like this compiled for the windows environments (95/98, NT etc).
Does anyone have any programs in mind?

Many thanks for your help.

Milosh

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Why all of these open ports when using GNOME.

3. Newbie Question: MkLinux, Apache, and Procmail

4. 2.4.8, USB storage, and FAT12

5. Procmail Question

6. bus mouse

7. Fun with lilo and vga

8. procmail question

9. Procmail/Perl/Shell listserver question

10. .procmail Question

11. Procmail question..

12. Procmail filter question