Only 2 modems on my 8 port multiport Comtrol work at once

Only 2 modems on my 8 port multiport Comtrol work at once

Post by mobri » Wed, 11 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I thought my Comtrol Rocketport Octacable was working OK, but now when the
third user tries to log in the login prompt never appears and the modem
just hangs up.  I don't think it is actually the board.  Swapping the
ports and modems changed nothing, it is just when the third caller tries.

I am using version 1.06 of the driver for the board from Comtrol.
It is a 486 DX4100 AMD with 25 MB.  I am using uugetty, and pppd.

Any suggestions for solving this problem are appreciated.

Post by Justin McNu » Fri, 13 Oct 1995 04:00:00

: I thought my Comtrol Rocketport Octacable was working OK, but now when the
: third user tries to log in the login prompt never appears and the modem
: just hangs up.  I don't think it is actually the board.  Swapping the
: ports and modems changed nothing, it is just when the third caller tries.

: I am using version 1.06 of the driver for the board from Comtrol.
: It is a 486 DX4100 AMD with 25 MB.  I am using uugetty, and pppd.

: Any suggestions for solving this problem are appreciated.

I am about to attempt setting up the same sort of thing, so if a solution
to this person's problem is found, I would appreciate it if the answer
could be mailed to me or posted here.  That might help me avoid making the
same mistakes!  Thanks!

                                                        --ccthuryn