getting network device info

Post by A.J.S » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

 I am trying to aquire details of all (or at least some) devices on a
given network, including identifying gateways from "normal" hosts,
identifying print servers and locating and getting router details.

Is this information to be found in the standard networking files or am
I looking in the wrong place?

--
Alex

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

getting network device info

Post by QuestionExchang » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>  I am trying to aquire details of all (or at least some)
> devices on a  given network, including identifying gateways
> from "normal" hosts, identifying print servers and locating and
> getting router details.  Is this information to be found in the
> standard networking files or am I looking in the wrong place?
> -- Alex   Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Share what you
> know. Learn what you don't.

Try the command netstat. It will return all the details you
look for. Try in this order:   mysys% netstat -r     # Routing
table  mysys% netstat        # All the stuff  Goof Luck  --
miked348

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com
  http://www.questionexchange.com/servlet1/showUsenetGuest?ans_id=2434&...