EZPPP Script Help

Post by Computer Gur » Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:00:00

My ISP expects you to hit ENTER before getting the Username: prompt.
I tried adding SEND to the script, but its expecting the sername: prompt,
and is just*......
The docs say to put SEND and a blank space, I did that..it doesnt work
Any suggestions? Thanks

EZPPP Script Help

Post by Jeff Edward » Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:00:00

SEND ^M

> My ISP expects you to hit ENTER before getting the Username: prompt.
> I tried adding SEND to the script, but its expecting the sername: prompt,
> and is just*......
> The docs say to put SEND and a blank space, I did that..it doesnt work
> Any suggestions? Thanks

1. ezppp script

Hello Jay and thank you,

After trying minicom and several others I found ezppp. I have it
installed and running fine. My problem is when I dial in and connect
there is no interaction after the connection is made. I'm guessing the
script is more complicated than simpleton me can figure. Here is the
login script I use from dos/win. Can anybody make heads or tails of
it?tyvm
Terry
#
# set up some strings for dialling up
#
if ![load $username]
  if [username "Enter your login username"]
    save $username
  end
end
if ![load $password]
  if [password "Enter your login password"]
    save $password
  end
end
load $number
$prompt = "PPP"
$slipcmd = "slip"
$addrtarg = "Your address is"
$pppcmd = "}"

%attempts = 5
#
# initialize modem
#
output "atz"\13
if ! [input 10 OK\n]
  display "Modem is not responding"\n
  abort
end
#
# send phone number
#
%n = 0
repeat
  if %n = %attempts
    display "Too many dial attempts"\n
    abort
  end
  output "atdt"$number\13
  %ok = [input 30 CONNECT]
  %n = %n + 1
until %ok
sleep 3
#
# now prod the terminal server
#
%n = 0
repeat
  if %n = %attempts
    display "System not responding, call 964-9841 for help."\n
    abort
  end
  output \13
  %ok = [input 3 name>]
  %n = %n + 1
until %ok
#
#  wait for the username prompt
#
output $username\13
#
#  wait for the username prompt
#
input 30 "word>"
output $password\13
#
#  wait for the username prompt
#
input 30 "hoice?"
output 3\13

2. will a Linux executable work under DOS?

3. ezPPP: need sample script for chap-auth.

4. auto re-connection of a slip line if connection broken?

5. EzPPP-Connect Script

6. pthreads for NT?

7. Isapnptool& Ezppp Help Needed

8. LinuxPlanet: Koha: A Library Checks Out Open Source

9. Help with EzPPP - using PAP authentication

10. Help with Ezppp please

11. EzPPP: msg: pppd deamon died unexpectedly, HELP

12. HELP: pppd dies (using ezppp)

13. Help: EZPPP on RedHat 5.2