Inside Firewall Network Disconnect

Post by Somcha » Sun, 28 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Dear sir,
    I don't sure, anyone has the same problem like me.
    I just setting my Linux (486, 32M memory) with Debian Potato. I already
config the IP Masquarding and Forwarding.
It work well. But, it has something wrong(may be BUG) because it alway
disconnect inside machine. This was occure the last time when I use Slink
too.
    First, my network has 2 machine, Linux(firewall) and Win98(my working
machine). Now, I use ipmasq+ipchains.
    Usually, when I access to some homepage which has some error or
disconnection. My Win98 machine was disconnected from Linux too(I cannot
ping from Win98 to outside machine,can ping to Linux inside port but cannot
to outside port).
    And, every time when I first start my Win98 machine. I cannot connect to
outside too.
    I solved this by try to use telnet to outside port of Linux. It has some
delay and connect.  After that, I can access to outside well. And will
cannot again when my access to outside server fail.
    Another example, when I print from Win98 to outside network printer. if
the document is too long, I think, printer stop or no response for a long
time to print out the buffer. That time, my Linux disconnect my Win98 to
outside and I cannot retry my print job. I must telnet to outside port which
has some delay and connect. Then, I can access to outside again.
    I think, this may be a problem of Linux kernel,right?
    Can anyone help me to solve this?

Thank you,
--
Somchai Limsiroratana

Agric. Process Engineering and Technology Lab.
Kyoto University, Kyoto, 606 JAPAN
Tel , Fax : 81-75-7536171
Tel(home) : 81-75-7038169
ICQ# 29410074

1. FTP client inside linux firewall communicating with FTP server inside another linux firewall

I am trying to use an Windows FTP client (BPFTP) behind a linux
firewall computer running ipchains and ipmasqadm portfw to communicate
with an Windows FTP server (War, G6, ServU) behind another linux
firewall set up more or less the same way. The server is on port 21,
but I have port fowarding on the linux box that redirects port 27015
to port 21 on the internal FTP server. I also forwarded port 20 on the
external firewall to port 20 on the internal computer with the FTP
server. I can communicate with the FTP server from outside the
firewall from an un-firewalled computer, but not using PASV. From the
FTP client inside the linux firewalled LAN I can connect, but do
nothing else. I'm sure someone in this group is very familiar with
this issue and can help me.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. UNIX-Question-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel

3. Suggested firewall for box inside firewall?

4. Scheme under Linux

5. SSH client disconnects when performing certain commandline utilities (AIX 4.3.3) - SSH of Firewall problem ?

6. KPP problem with SuSe 6.0

7. router/firewall disconnects internet when host X tries to connect

8. Solaris8/Intel

9. SSH Through a firewall to gain access to a firewalled network

10. Name Resolution Inside the Firewall

11. VPN server *inside* firewall?

12. How can I set up a local mail server inside firewall using qmail?

13. Accessing a specific box inside a firewall?