3com Nic going down ...

Post by Guillaume Cardone » Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I use a 3com905B-TX-NM nic card with a redhat 6.1.
IP conf  is correct and working fine.

But after few hours, IP stack is going down.
No messages in syslog or messages
I must do a "/etc/rc.d/network start" to make it work again.

Anyone can help me ?

thanks.
GC

3com Nic going down ...

Post by fixxxe » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:37:57

If you are using dhcp, check to see how many seconds your lease is set
for...

Quote:> I use a 3com905B-TX-NM nic card with a redhat 6.1.
> IP conf  is correct and working fine.

> But after few hours, IP stack is going down.
> No messages in syslog or messages
> I must do a "/etc/rc.d/network start" to make it work again.

> Anyone can help me ?

> thanks.
> GC

3com Nic going down ...

Post by Q » Fri, 01 Sep 2000 10:31:22

3com BAD!  Beer good!

http://www.campchaos.com/cartoons/napsterbad/napsterbad_56k.html

> If you are using dhcp, check to see how many seconds your lease is set
> for...

message

> > I use a 3com905B-TX-NM nic card with a redhat 6.1.
> > IP conf  is correct and working fine.

> > But after few hours, IP stack is going down.
> > No messages in syslog or messages
> > I must do a "/etc/rc.d/network start" to make it work again.

> > Anyone can help me ?

> > thanks.
> > GC

3com Nic going down ...

Post by CRAIG E RANSO » Fri, 01 Sep 2000 17:50:05

> 3com BAD!  Beer good!

> http://www.campchaos.com/cartoons/napsterbad/napsterbad_56k.html

Funny!

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
http://www.pcferret.com/ for RARS, NetClip
http://www.pcferret.com/teletools.html for Telephony
Using Virtual Access 5.01 build 301 in Win98
Registered with the Linux Counter.
http://counter.li.org ID #184149
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS..."

3com Nic going down ...

Post by Bob Klindwort » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:28:44

I'm having similar problems running my 3com920 (3C905C-TX compatible)
under SuSE. According to the SuSE Supported Hardware Database, these cards
are "Problematic". The (I believe?) kernel module 3c59x doesn't work well
for these cards. Does anyone here know of a new driver which works better?

On the bright side, Guillame, at least your card kind of works. My system
hangs whenever I lose or stop network services.

Bob