Grab newsgroup in nntp world

Post by Remco van de Mee » Fri, 28 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Can't remember the name of the program.

>I want to automatically pull the messages of a newsgroup and store them
>in a local news spool. Should I just learn how to configure INN, or is
>there a smaller program to do this job? (I'm sure I've seen someone's
>reference to such a thing, but can't figure out what to ask the search
>engines in order to find out what it is.)

Yep, it's called "suck"

// Remco van de Meent

//   www: http://cal052012.student.utwente.nl
//   nParago on irc

Post by tkra.. » Sat, 29 Jun 1996 04:00:00

: Can't remember the name of the program.

: I want to automatically pull the messages of a newsgroup and store them
: in a local news spool. Should I just learn how to configure INN, or is
: there a smaller program to do this job? (I'm sure I've seen someone's
: reference to such a thing, but can't figure out what to ask the search
: engines in order to find out what it is.)

I use a combination of pnews and suck.  One pulls the new news from
a list of newsgroups, and the other sorts them into my local news
hierarchy.  Another command sends my new posts back to the ISP.