PLEASE HELP

Post by QUI? CO^'C TU » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Dear linux user,
Could some one show me how to down load a directory, by FTP from my linux
box? How to prevent 2 or more people login with the same account ?
and avoid users login and use my modems and phone lines?

Thank you very much ,

QUI? CO^'C TU+?

PLEASE HELP

Post by James Youngma » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

  Q> Dear linux user, Could some one show me how to down load a
  Q> directory, by FTP from my linux box?

Use either ncftp or (for large downloads) GNU wget.

  Q> How to prevent 2 or more people login with the same account ?

For Red Hat Linux you can do this with a bit of PAM configuration.
For other Linux distributions, you'll need to put a couple of lines in
/etc/profile.  See the manpage for "who".

  Q> and avoid users login and use my modems and phone lines?

I don't understand what you're trying to ask here.

PLEASE HELP

Post by QUI? CO^'C TU* » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Subject:
         DOWN LOAD A DIRECTORY
   Date:
         Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:20:55 +0000

     To:
         comp.os.linux.networking

Dear all linux user,
Could some one show me how to down load a directory by FTP from linux
box. I only know how to down load 1 file a time. And some time, when I
down load a binary file, I got 'FILE NOT BLAIN' eventhough I already
swith to binary.

Thank you very much for your helpfull !!

QUI? CO^'C TU*?

PLEASE HELP

Post by QUI? CO^'C TU* » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Subject:
         DOWN LOAD A DIRECTORY
   Date:
         Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:20:55 +0000

     To:
         comp.os.linux.networking

Dear all linux user,
Could some one show me how to down load a directory by FTP from linux
box. I only know how to down load 1 file a time. And some time, when I
down load a binary file, I got 'FILE NOT BLAIN' eventhough I already
swith to binary.

Thank you very much for your helpfull !!

QUI? CO^'C TU*?

1. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help

Everything ran WONDERFUL for about 4 months this machine ran several
servers it is a UDB w/ 340mb SCSI (SLOW 5mb) half inch internal hard
drive.  32 megs of true parity ram, Red hat 5.0 I get the following
error

NCR53-810-0: ERROR (0:48) (0-20-0) (8/33) * scripth (868:18000400).
NCR53-810-0: Script cmd = 888030000
NCR53-810-0: regdump : da 10 80 33 47 08 00 1f 01 08 00 28 80 00 08 00
NCR53-810-0: have to clear fifos

What the HELL is this and is there anyway to fix it ?  It seems to
occur when doing file writing, when i try to tar something for example
it will go into a continual unending loop displaying the above error
message.  I have refdisked, formated, and clean installed redhat and
the problem is still there :( Please help, if at all possible mail

2. Devel question: Test for vertical retrace in X

3. LINUX instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!Subject: LINUX , instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!

4. Ultra Enterprise 4000 problems

5. PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

6. Searching/replacing special characters in SED

8. ghostscript - linux

9. NFS please help me please please please sniff

10. Set-up woes, please, please, please help :(

11. please please please help me!

12. Please Please Please HELP