6 Leased line connections using slattach

6 Leased line connections using slattach

Post by Anton Bouw » Thu, 29 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I want to set up a Linux box as a router for 6 leased line connections
and one ethernet connection. My problem is that should the carrier
drop on one or more of the leased line modems, I need to reconfigure
that interface completely. More importantly, if more than one
interface goes down, I have to reconfigure all the interfaces because
slattach doesn't connect a specific interface to a specific device...
but uses the first available slip interface. I need answers to two
questions:
1) Can I force slattach use a specific interface for a specific device
ie. sl0 is always the interface to /dev/cua0, sl1 to /dev/cua1 etc?
2) Is there a way to keep the interface up even if the carrier drops
on one or more of the leased line modems? The nature of the system is
unfortunately such that the modems will from time to time lose the
carrier.

Thanks in advance

Anton

1. Linux permanent Line (connection two linux machines over a leased line (permanent telephone line)

Hi

I am trying to configure a ppp server to connection two linux machines
together. Aim is to connect two lans and finally make it possible to connect
into the internet through one server.

The leased line (permanen telephone line) is working. I can connect both
machines via minicom, but i am not able to set up the ppp server. If read
the standard howto's and i haven't solved setting up server and client
probably, whether normal ppp-client is working for other accounts.

Any experiences, suggestions? Help would be real great.

thanks in advance for every help

Christian

2. Apache 1.0.3 on UnixWare 2.0.3??

3. lease lines & slattach

4. ** WANTED: IBM RT E-NET CARD **

5. SLIP Leased Line Connection Using Linux 2.0.0

6. --- 4MB RAM

7. Combining leased lines into a super leased line

8. term no longer work...

9. How to set up an analog leased line connection

10. how to setup DIP connection on Leased Line

11. firewalls on leased line connection

12. *** HELP *** (Need to set up a leased line connection between Sun and IBM RS/6000)

13. Leased line connection and PPPd