Red Hat FTP install w/EtherExpress Pro/10

Red Hat FTP install w/EtherExpress Pro/10

Post by Mark A. Robinso » Sat, 10 May 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm attempting to install RedHat via FTP, but I cannot get the install
program to recognize the EtherExpress Pro/10 that is installed in my
machine. I've troubleshot for I/O port and IRQ conflicts, and have tried
to point the kernel at the port/IRQ settings at boot time with a ether=
statement. I have also attempted to use the same statement at install
time, and also tried autoprobing, to no avail.

Don't know where to go from here, verified the operation of the floppies
by installing RedHat on my machine at home, it found my PCI NE2000
compatible.
If anyone has any experience or suggestions, please E-mail a copy to

Mark Robinson

Red Hat FTP install w/EtherExpress Pro/10

Post by Mark A. Robinso » Sat, 10 May 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm attempting to install RedHat via FTP, but I cannot get the install
program to recognize the EtherExpress Pro/10 that is installed in my
machine. I've troubleshot for I/O port and IRQ conflicts, and have tried
to point the kernel at the port/IRQ settings at boot time with a ether=
statement. I have also attempted to use the same statement at install
time, and also tried autoprobing, to no avail.

Don't know where to go from here, verified the operation of the floppies
by installing RedHat on my machine at home, it found my PCI NE2000
compatible.
If anyone has any experience or suggestions, please E-mail a copy to

Mark Robinson

1. EtherExpress Pro/10 and Red Hat 5

i just installed RedHat 5.0 via FTP.
However, since i installed it, the kernel won't  initialize the network
card.
I've tried compiling the driver support as a module AND directly into the
kernel, but still, i receive the error "Delaying eth0 initialization."
Inside the X network configurator, Interfaces tab shows that the device is
inactive. I cannot activate it- every time I quit the control panel, it is
inactivated again.
    I know the IRQ and I/O addresses are correct, and I know that the driver
DOES work with the card- I had Slackware 96 working perfectly before I
switched.
I also know that Red Hat 5 will work with the card, because I was able to
actually download the distribution via FTP from sunsite.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Remove the x from my email address when replying.

/********************************************************/
Elementary Laws of Computer Science:
Microsoft Theorem
Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

Law of Macintosh
Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will use it.

The Unix Principle
If you fool around with anything for very long, you will screw it up.

2. XFontStruct

3. Linux Red Hat 5.0 Problems with Intel EtherExpress pro 10+ ISA NIC card

4. Default Router fallback solutions !?

5. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

6. aix-digest V3 #980

7. EtherExpress Pro/10 and Pro/10+

8. Orchid Fahrenheit setup.S

9. Install Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/10+ ISA card on Redhat 6.1 ---Please help

10. Unable to install NIC Intel Pro/10+ under Red Hat 7.0

11. Installing Intel Etherexpress Pro 10 ISA with RH 6.0

12. Intel Etherexpress pro/10 install?

13. Installing an Intel EtherExpress Pro 10 under Slackware 1.2.13...help!