Apache webserver on Linux (RH 7.1) - and an internal Webserver - how would you set it up?

Apache webserver on Linux (RH 7.1) - and an internal Webserver - how would you set it up?

Post by RocKKe » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 13:14:44

I have RH 7.1, acting as my router/firewall with the apache webserver
running also. Is there a way to run another webserver on my internal
net and allow www access to it?

I was thinking I could somehow forward the requests to the other
webserver thru my firewall? Am I on the right track?

Apache webserver on Linux (RH 7.1) - and an internal Webserver - how would you set it up?

Post by Dean Thompso » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 20:59:12

Hi!,

Quote:> I have RH 7.1, acting as my router/firewall with the apache webserver
> running also. Is there a way to run another webserver on my internal
> net and allow www access to it?

> I was thinking I could somehow forward the requests to the other
> webserver thru my firewall? Am I on the right track?

Are both of these web servers running on the same machine ?, or are you trying
to access an internal web server from the outside ?

See ya

Dean Thompson

1. Sending uploaded files from one Apache WebServer to another Apache WebServer

Hi,

   I am working on a problem in which I have to send a bunch of
uploaded files from one webserver to another webserver. The files are
initially sent from the client to the first site by POSTing them. The
webserver at this site processes the files and sends them to another
webserver the address of which is already known. I would like to again
POST these files from the current site to the next one. Can Apache
play the role of a client trying to POST files to another site. I
think that none of the existing modules can handle this situation, but
I am ready to write a custom module to achieve the goal.
   Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amar

2. Char mode wyse 60/Oracle resource files

3. How to restart apache webserver on suse linux 7.1?

4. MIPS-ultrix-> NetBSD install? POST Y2K

5. WWW webserver filter for "inappropriate" material on linux webserver...

6. zsh patches?

7. Linux-Webserver (SuSE 8.0) als Gateway für einen weiteren Webserver

8. writing to DOS partition

9. How To set up an internal webserver

10. Having 1 webserver alias pointing to various webservers

11. Sun One webserver: Setting as 'UseCanonicalName' in apache?

12. Webserver on SGI = Apache/IRIX or Apache/Linux ?

13. ARGH ! How to set-tup webserver with Apache ?