Problems to connect suse 10 with a novell server

Problems to connect suse 10 with a novell server

Post by atsi.. » Sun, 16 Apr 2006 02:46:31

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate a server with novell 4.1 to suse 10. I'd like to
know if there is some way to extract or transfer all the information of
users, groups... of the novell server, directly from the linux one.

I have installed a novell client in the linux but I can't see the
novell server and I can't start the ipxmount service, it returns an
error:

/etc/init.d/ipxmount start returned 1 (unspecified error):
Starting Netware interconnection - TCP..failed

Does somebody know what's the problem?

Thank you.

Problems to connect suse 10 with a novell server

Post by buck » Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:30:14

Quote:>Hello,

>I'm trying to migrate a server with novell 4.1 to suse 10. I'd like to
>know if there is some way to extract or transfer all the information of
>users, groups... of the novell server, directly from the linux one.

>I have installed a novell client in the linux but I can't see the
>novell server and I can't start the ipxmount service, it returns an
>error:

>/etc/init.d/ipxmount start returned 1 (unspecified error):
>Starting Netware interconnection - TCP..failed

>Does somebody know what's the problem?

>Thank you.

If that is the entire error message, then my guess is that the NetWare
server  does not have TCP/IP loaded.  You will probably have to
connect using IPX/SPX.
--
buck