connecting a linux workstation redhat 7.2 to a windows 2000 server

connecting a linux workstation redhat 7.2 to a windows 2000 server

Post by bigx » Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:25:24

ive got problems connecting my linux redhat 7.2 to my win2000 server

DHCP is working and i can ping the ip of the server but the DNS is not
working

can someone help me and tell me what i did wrong ????

Post by Jeroen Geilma » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 06:20:46

>ive got problems connecting my linux redhat 7.2 to my win2000 server

>DHCP is working and i can ping the ip of the server but the DNS is not
>working

>can someone help me and tell me what i did wrong ????

Not unless YOU tell us what YOU did first...

Post by Bill Unr » Mon, 19 Aug 2002 00:14:58

]ive got problems connecting my linux redhat 7.2 to my win2000 server

]DHCP is working and i can ping the ip of the server but the DNS is not
]working

route -n
There should be a default route in there (0.0.0.0 as the first entry on the
line).
Also /etc/resolv.conf should contain the dns server address-- does it.

How do you start dhcp?

]can someone help me and tell me what i did wrong ????

No. Too little information here.

1. Dual Booting Windows 2000 and Redhat Linux 7.2

Hello everyone

I have built a system that consists of a ECS K7S5A motherboard with a
1.2 GHz AMD athalon processor and an IWILL Side 100 Raid-0 controller.
 I want to install windows 2000 on the raid (only due to game play)
and Redhat Linux 7.2 on the master IDE hard drive.  I also want to be
able to boot both OSes without the use of a boot disk or any BIOS
manipulation.  Is it better to use LILO or NTLDR to acheive my goal?
If I use LILO, I don't know how to make it see the RAID.  If I use
NTLDR, do I even install LILO on the Redhat drive?

All suggestions are greatly appreciated -- Thanks in advance :0)

2. What's the best way to save/load configuration?

3. Dual boot Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Linux 7.2 / 7.3

4. printer-backend replacement?

5. RedHat 7.2 can't boot from windows 2000 OS loader (I did that before, though)

6. 2.4.9-34smp hang during boot

7. Dual boot : windows 2000 and Redhat 7.2

8. Help: generic svga uses builtin 320x200 mode

9. Windows 2000 and Redhat 7.2

10. Howto: print from Redhat 7.2 to Windows 2000 with Epson Stylus C80

11. How to connect three different network using redhat linux 9 - clients are window 2000

12. Dual boot : RH Linux 7.2 and Windows 2000

13. Linux Mandrake 7.2 and Windows 2000 - Help