Telnet Failure ttloop: peer died

Post by Keith Sor » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 21:50:15

Several days ago my capability to telnet into my linux box failed.
Looking at the logs I found this message:

telnetd[2017]: ttloop: peer died: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or
wide character.

I can telnet on the server console of the server. I have samba server
on the linux box which works just fine. I have another server on the
same ethernet. I can telnet just fine to the second server from any
remote computer.

I have seen other requests for help on this subject but have not found
any answers.

Keith

P.S. I was mucking about in some of the config files, but don't think
I changed anything.

1. Telnet Failure ttloop: peer died

Several days ago my capability to telnet into my linux box failed.
Looking at the logs I found this message:

telnetd[2017]: ttloop: peer died: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or
wide character.

I can telnet on the server console of the server. I have samba server
on the linux box which works just fine. I have another server on the
same ethernet. I can telnet just fine to the second server from any
remote computer.

I have seen other requests for help on this subject but have not found
any answers.

Keith

P.S. I was mucking about in some of the config files, but don't think
I changed anything.

2. Macs

3. "Peer died" in ttloop, telnet

4. FreeBSD 5,0 final

5. What is this: ttloop: peer died?

6. NFS Error

7. ttloop: peer died

8. X setup / monitor sync problem w. SuSe 5.3

9. ttloop: peer died: not owner in Syslog.dated

10. telnetd: ttloop: peer died

11. TTloop: Peer died: unknown error in syslog (tcp stop / tcp start needed)

12. Telnetd error: ttloop: peer died: No such file or directory